Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I agree with you, black/white prints would go nicely with the frames.  Or, possibly, soft pastel color print against the black frame for a nice contrast.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Re: White or Blank Art?

[ Edited ]

For quite some time now, just about anything can be called 'art'. Hard for me to judge in this instance because the picture is quite small and I can't really see the alleged art very well.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I think they would have been better off hanging nothing.

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

For the most part, I really like the living room but would make a few tweaks.....those artless frames would be the first to go!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: White or Blank Art?

[ Edited ]

I like the room but the blank art is silly.....what will they come up with next!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

For quite some time now, just about anything can be called 'art'. Hard for me to judge in this instance because the picture is quite small and I can't really see the alleged art very well.

@stevieb 

Sorry it's so small. I had no idea it was that small until I posted it. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma  Hope that didn't sound like a criticism. It wasn't intended as such, but just as an explanation for why I couldn't say more. Short of saving it, which I didn't want to do, I tried but couldn't seem to enlarge it to get a better view. In theory, I agree. That's not 'art' I'd consider having on my walls.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@wilma  Hope that didn't sound like a criticism. It wasn't intended as such, but just as an explanation for why I couldn't say more. Short of saving it, which I didn't want to do, I tried but couldn't seem to enlarge it to get a better view. In theory, I agree. That's not 'art' I'd consider having on my walls.

@stevieb 

No offense taken. Usually the photos we post are a nice size. Not sure why that one was so small. 

Respected Contributor

Reminds me of The Emperors New Clothes

Honored Contributor

I dont like the blank "art work" and I dont care for the room either overall....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”