Respected Contributor

Re: White kitchen cabinets and island color

If your ma doesn't want to see the grain, even lighter stained maple will show.  I would want to see the different stains on maple to make sure it only shows the amount of grain I want or paint it..

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

If your ma doesn't want to see the grain, even lighter stained maple will show.  I would want to see the different stains on maple to make sure it only shows the amount of grain I want or paint it..

Her biggest thing is we have oak cabinets and trim in our current house. It is so ugly and dated. With a super dark stain you won't see it like in oak. If you look at the picture I posted on the previous page I think I found one that is similar to one she likes. But I bet she will keep her mind open to gray or white once they start putting it together with a designer. Especially once she starts picking out a backsplash and flooring.

Honored Contributor

My cottage is newly built and I opted for white cabinets but my big island has dark wood. My granite matches both colors. This, by far, the best decision I made! It looks stunning! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"