Respected Contributor

Re: Which headboard should I get?I

[ Edited ]

I vote for headboard # 1, but it's hard to vote for any all-fabric headboard, knowing how the dust mites can collect around it.

The closest I've come to  an upholstered headboard is the "Montgomery" headboard from Pottery Barn.  I have it in antique white, am considering adding one in mahogany for the master bedroom.

The price today is far less than I paid several years ago, and it's apparently a "final sale"--no return or exchange allowed:.  

The neutral linen-like  fabric panel is designed to be  easily removed and covered in any fabric of the owner's choice.  This makes the headboard virtually timeless when it comes to appearance and style, so I fell in love with it from a practical standpont.

This headboard has been in each of  our guest rooms for several years.  When it begins to show any age, I'll unscrew the center panel and add a pretty new fabric to match the room decor and style.--whatever that is when the time comes!montgomery-upholstered-headboard-o.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1, very nice!  Versatile too.  LM

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

I vote for headboard # 1, but it's hard to vote for any all-fabric headboard, knowing how the dust mites can collect around it.

The closest I've come to  an upholstered headboard is the "Montgomery" headboard from Pottery Barn.  I have it in antique white, am considering adding one in mahogany for the master bedroom.

The price today is far less than I paid several years ago, and it's apparently a "final sale"--no return or exchange allowed:.  

The neutral linen-like  fabric panel is designed to be  easily removed and covered in any fabric of the owner's choice.  This makes the headboard virtually timeless when it comes to appearance and style, so I fell in love with it from a practical standpont.

This headboard has been in each of  our guest rooms for several years.  When it begins to show any age, I'll unscrew the center panel and add a pretty new fabric to match the room decor and style.--whatever that is when the time comes!montgomery-upholstered-headboard-o.jpg

@novamc1  I love your headboard!  That's the one I would choose. Anything with tufted buttons is going to collect so much dust.  I've had tufted buttons in chairs before, and it's impossible to vacuum completely.  It doesn't matter whether you have pets in your room.  It's just very hard to vacuum.  I don't think you realize what you're getting into @ccassaday.  I think you will come to regret your decision.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which headboard should I get?

Having a fabric headboard isn’t going to be any more cleaning then your couch or your living room furniture.  If not less because it’s not used like your living room furniture. I really am not worried about it. If you had wood it would need dusted way more often. Plus I want something that is classic and won’t go out of style. To many wood things go out of style quickly.

Honored Contributor

Re: Which headboard should I get?

It's not that it's a fabric headboard.  I love fabric headboards.  It's the tufting and vacuuming around the buttons that's difficult.  I know you're going to get the tufted headboard.  I was just giving my opinion.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau