Valued Contributor

Which do you like better?

[ Edited ]

I have a space I want to use as an etagere to change with the season. Which do you like better?B294BB57-016A-4AE8-89B8-899C2326C018.jpeg

0995EFAE-280C-4C63-ACF9-E9CFEF9C7ECB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Which do you like better?

I vote for #2!

Respected Contributor

#1 is not bad but I like #2 better.

Honored Contributor

@HonestLife - If we're talking about just the table and cart, I like both. I'm not crazy about the items with them or the art on the wall.

For spotlighting seasonal decorations I like the table. It's pretty but won't take away from the looks you'll have fun creating. I think the cart might.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Both looks have appeal in their own ways.  If I had to choose, number one would be my pick.  I just do not care for the table.

I have a piece in the front hall I decorate seasonally.  It always looks so pretty and I enjoy decorating it.  It is your taste as to decor but it sounds like it will be nice and if you like it, then it is for you!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I agree with @beach-mom that the cart would take away from your seasonal decor and the table is nice if you only want it for decor.

I am always looking for storage space and I would put a cabinet there such as Valerie's beadboard cabinet she had on Sundays shows.  

Seasonal decorate the top and store items in the bottom behind the doors.

Trusted Contributor

@HonestLife  I like #2. More shelving to decorate.

Honored Contributor

I like #1 more than two as I don't like the wheels on the cart (too *faux* looking).

I'm not wild about the lanters or whatever they are on the table in #1.  Seems most made nowadays are too thin and tinn-y.  Real ones were thick and heavy, at least mine are.

Trusted Contributor

I prefer the first one.  I think the simple table allows your eyes to see the whole display all at once where as the cart table draws your eye into looking at the cart first.  I think any displays on the cart table would get "lost" so to speak.  Also, I wouldn't want to have to dust all the spokes on those wheels all the time, or that shelf on the bottom.  For me, novelty items like the cart loose their appeal sooner than a more traditional item.

Trusted Contributor

#1 the focus would be of your display.  #2 the focus would be on the table itself and your display would be lost.