Regular Contributor

Re: Which Desk do you Like Best?

I really like #4 and #6, they both look kind of rustic and i love that.

Trusted Contributor

Well I'm torn.  Taking them as they are, I like #3 but in a larger size I love #6.

Respected Contributor

1 and 3.  I like the chair in 3 the best 

Honored Contributor

I'm actually looking for a new desk, and I like several so I just went to WM to look.  Maybe I'm using their website wrong - they don't seem to provide measurement details.  Also, the shipping on #6 looks to be $44.99 + $15.00 surcharge.  The desk itself is reduced from $299. to $249.

There is somethng about free shipping in a banner, but I'm no longer curious enough to try to find out whether the actual cost with tax is in the high 200's or the middle 300's.   I do have a desk that functions -  it's  ugly, but it's paid for!

Respected Contributor

For practical use, none of them. To me they're all about decor rather than function. None of these have keyboard trays or sufficient work space for me. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

#3 and #4.......but i need a more comfortable supportive chair.

i can add lots of storage and organization in other parts of the room if then desk doesnt have much.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I like #6, it has a small footprint and it would actually work in my home.

Honored Contributor

I like desks & chairs w/wheels.  Easier to move around.

My secretary & comp desk has wheels as well as their chairs.

Right now I am looking for a printer desk w/wheels.  I have my eyes on this one....

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at Thu, Jul 13, 2017-11.33.07 AM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono

None of them are really my style, but if I had to choose one, as is, I would choose #4. It's a little rustic/industrial, and I could probably make it work in my transitional/traditional decor.  I would replace the baskets with something more rustic. I would never choose the chair that's with it.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I'm actually looking for a new desk, and I like several so I just went to WM to look.  Maybe I'm using their website wrong - they don't seem to provide measurement details.  Also, the shipping on #6 looks to be $44.99 + $15.00 surcharge.  The desk itself is reduced from $299. to $249.

There is somethng about free shipping in a banner, but I'm no longer curious enough to try to find out whether the actual cost with tax is in the high 200's or the middle 300's.   I do have a desk that functions -  it's  ugly, but it's paid for!

@millieshops

RE free shipping-

• It looks like you can get free (regular) shipping, but they will tack on the $15 oversized fee.  I can't apply the coupon until I check out though, so I can't say for sure.  They are also on the rebates sites.

The details are there:

Why We Love It
Clever and compact, our exclusive Secretary Desk is a brilliant solution for small home offices and workspaces. Like a vintage desk from the early 20th century, the top lifts to reveal shelf space, two drawers and a pullout tray for an extra work surface that doubles perfectly as a keyboard tray. Simply close the lid for tidy cleanup when you're done. An incredible value, this smart option is ultra-functional and exceptionally stylish.

Specifications
  • Crafted of solid rubberwood surface with distressed brown finish, solid local hardwood base with distressed black finish and MDF backpanel with wood veneer
  • 2 drawers, 1 shelf and 1 pullout tray
  • World Market exclusive
  • Made in Thailand
  • Overall closed: 28"W x 22"D x 35"H, 35.2 lbs.
  • Floor to bottom of desk: 28"H
  • Floor to top of desk open: 41.5"H
  • Between front legs: 22.5"W
  • Tray: 26.8"W x 10.5"-18.5"D
  • Drawers: 11.6"W x 8.5"D x 2.9"H each
  • Shelf: 26.5"W x 10"D