Honored Contributor

Where would you live in your dream home?

[ Edited ]

Looking at a show with this on now, and the Fla home right on the water, looks so beautiful.  The water is such a draw.  They have a pool too.  The draw back I see, would be the storms they have.  It just looks really good to me. (Not moving or buying, just dreaming.............

Second idea, would be maybe, a place in Alaska?  More water, with mountains. Add in, my log cabine home that is like a lodge.  Love that still.  Big old porch go round too.  

Third, would be the desert south west.  So beautiful out there.

Tell us all about the dream houses, you could imagine.  Don't think cost..remember, just dreaming.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where would you live in your dream home?

Santa Monica, CA.  I've been there a few times and to me it seems like the ideal location.  

Respected Contributor

A Paris apartment, top floor, overlooking the city. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Southern CA - maybe San Diego - perfect weather,  near the ocean.  The cost of living is very high though.

I love love love FLA in the Spring and Fall - it's just too hot in the summer.  And buggy.  And yes too many hurricanes in recent years.  

Honored Contributor

Pismo Beach or San Luis Obispo

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

We always thought we'd retire in FL but recently our "drawback" is different than yours and FL is off the list 

San Diego is really beautiful and DH loves Palm Springs 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would choose the Beverly Hills/Brentwood/Bel Air area. Everything is convenient and available. It is beautiful, and the weather is mild. Most of all, I could live close to my son.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Santa Monica, CA.  I've been there a few times and to me it seems like the ideal location.  

@kaydee50    I lived there for 20 years.    It is VERY congested, parking is dismal, and it's the "end of the bus line" for beachgoers in the summer.    Not what I would call a "retirement place".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Some of the hosts of ages past mentioned Cape May, NJ and Martha's Vineyard as their personal favorites, and I'd think how neat it would be to live there. A one bedroom guest cottage would have been sufficient.

Esteemed Contributor

I am such a New England girl, born and bred and still here.   Something on the ocean for sure even though we are not far from it, to have that view every day, oh my..........I would buy my dream home on Cape Cod on the water.  Though we visit there often to have that ocean front home is my dream .   It's surely my very favorite place, even though I've been blessed to travel a lot in my life, I always go back there.