Trusted Contributor

Re: Where would you live in your dream home?

My dream home would be a brownstone in Brooklyn Heights,NY down by the Promenade. I could look over and see the Manhattan skyline at night and go across the river into the city anytime I wanted to. Too bad it will never happen -- guess that's why it's called a dream! 

Honored Contributor

Tahiti

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Bodega Bay, California its a little beach town in northern CA.  My parents took us camping there and I took my kids there.  Its not busy you even have to drive a while to get to a regular grocery store but I just love it there.  It is a bit cold and windy, nothing like the southern CA beaches.  My daughter lives in San Diego it is beautiful but her two bedroom condo would sell for at least 600K so its not too afforadable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would stay where  I am (Indiana) except I would own about 5 acres and have a little farmette. I love the change of seasons, the people, and being close to my kids and grandkids here in Indiana. I also love being not so far from the Great Lakes. Living on one of those lakes in Michigan would be my second choice.      

Respected Contributor

The Cotswolds or Bath in the UK. 

Honored Contributor

I am already living in the only house I want to own, in the perfect rural setting in WV.    No amount of money would take me away from here.  

Respected Contributor

Honolulu Hawaii.  It's my absolute favorite place to visit.  I could move there tomorrow if it wasn't so darn expensive to live there.  

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

We always thought we'd retire in FL but recently our "drawback" is different than yours and FL is off the list 

San Diego is really beautiful and DH loves Palm Springs 

Florida would be off my list tooSmiley Happy

I grew up in San Diego, beautiful place.  I lived in Ocean Beach for a while by the pier. That is a nice little area, reminds you of the 60's. It is so expensive but lovely.  I moved because I do not like traffic and I do not like having to get on freeways every place I need to go.  I like Reno because I never have to get on the freeway.  Lots of back streets and there is one street that if you stay on it will circle the whoel city.  Not as pretty here though.  Right now it is very expensive.

I will probably look for another small city, Reno was small until us california people started moving here lol

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

Honolulu Hawaii.  It's my absolute favorite place to visit.  I could move there tomorrow if it wasn't so darn expensive to live there.  

I would move right along with you lol.Any of the islands would be fine with meSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have loved New England ever since I visited there a long time ago.  Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard at Mass. and Bar Harbor at Maine are my favorites.  Those have been my dream places since I was in my early twenties and I still, as an older person, love them.