Esteemed Contributor

Where is Harry Slatkin with his figurals and candles?

The nose had the cutest stuff.

Respected Contributor

Re: Where is Harry Slatkin with his figurals and candles?

?? The nose??

Respected Contributor

I seem to remember that he has retired from the candle business.  

Somewhere I heard that his wife is doing something, but don't recall what! A real shame - he was a special talent, or at least his nose was!!  I always enjoyed his presentations.

Honored Contributor

He has been out of the candle biz for a few years

Honored Contributor

His wife has the NEST products/perfumes.

I, too, liked a lot of the Harry Slatkin items.   I wish he could, or perhaps they could under their Nest line, bring back some of those like the "Leaf" scent.  It was perfect for fall. 

And the figurals were more elegant than you'd expect.  I got his two pineapple figurals that fit the 3-wick candles and they are on either side of my fireplace. Although now I have flameless candles in them.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I miss him too. I found this interesting. It's from the BBW website:

• As of January 2013, the new Spring line of candles, Wallflowers and Scentportables are now branded as Bath & Body Works and White Barn.  None of the candles are labeled Slatkin & Co. anymore, so we can confirm that the Slatkin & Co. brand/name is phasing out.  Some Slatkin & Co. products linger from past seasons.  Since the Slatkin & Co. brand was purchased by the company, it is speculated that the scents created under Slatkin & Co. during its years at Bath & Body Works are now owned by Bath & Body Works and therefore we see many of the scents that were previously under the Slatkin & Co. brand to now be labeled as both Bath & Body Works and White Barn.  This includes Wallflowers, Scentportables, room sprays, fragrance oils and of course candles.  It is believed that Harry Slatkin is walking away from Bath & Body Works and focusing on his own outerwear brand.  Since in essence, there is not much changing except for the brand name and packaging, not much should change for us as many of the same scents still exist and may very well continue to exist.  One topic of concern is that because Slatkin may be leaving, we may no longer get new scents from him in the future.  We can hope that he left a team of fragrance experts behind to pave way for new scents in the future.
  • Bottom Line: We believe these changes are simply packaging and name changes and are part of their re-branding effort.  It is a common misconception that the candles are completely changing, but we strongly believe they are not as we have burned all of the different branded candles ourselves and own countless Bath & Body Works candles

Another part of the article specifically referred to Leaves, which is one of my favorites and is still one of the original Slatkin formulas.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VCamp2748 wrote:

?? The nose

@DoneTryin

Harry used to proudly say that was his nickname due to his gift to combine several fragrances in a room that blended so well. Also his talent for creating scents.

Respected Contributor

Oh, OK; I never watched any of those presentations.

Respected Contributor

I have many of Harry's figural candles and most of them I won't burn. I take them out every Christmas. His fragrances were the best at BBWs. Yes he was nicknamed "the nose".

Esteemed Contributor

I miss him too, his candles were the best.  Once he stopped making them for BBW that was the end of me shopping there.  I took a rare visit to the mall today and did go in and was shocked that they wanted $10.50 for a plug in.  It was cute but looked so flimsy I had to restrain myself.