Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where do you look or who do you ask to get qualified and safe people to do home repairs?

@AngelPuppy1, bless your heart - it's not always easy to figure out how to get some help, especially when you don't use the internet much and don't have family around to help. I think your idea to ask your local hardware store if they can give you a recommendation is good, especially if you know one of the workers there or the manager. If not, just ask!

If you aren't comfortable with using the internet to find help with groups like Nextdoor.com or Home Advisors, is there someone who can help you do that? Do you have out of town family who can find some help for you? If not, you could talk with your primary care physician to find a senior citizens group that provides help for folks who are needing some assistance. Thinking of you and wishing you find the help you need.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you look or who do you ask to get qualified and safe people to do home repairs?

You're all so kind and helpful! And I've gotten such helpful suggestions --- I very much appreciate it.  Woman Happy

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

We live in an area with the most UN-friendly people.

We're city people that moved to the country so we are not accepted.It's now 16 yrs.!

I called my fuel oil company..they gave me the name of a plumber,a guy who plows snow and is also a home contractor.All are great..I also asked my hairdresser she gave me the same names plus an electrician.

Hope you try to ask someone you already use for something else.

Hope this helps.