Respected Contributor

Re: Where In The Heck Does All Dust Come From?

Red alert was my mother saying just dust where the priest walks

Respected Contributor

I would dust every 3 days and then have a lady come and help me with a bi-annual deep clean. Then I realized we would dust all day and the next day more dust would surface. Now I try to dust weekly in some rooms and hope by the time I get the remaining rooms there is not enough dust accumulated to grow a garden. 

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 I think dusting and cleaning is therapeutic for my Mom as well because whenever I visit she always has several tasks she needs help with. I am telling myself I don't dust this much at my own home. Now I know why her home is always "dust free"

Trusted Contributor

I move. Just do it!

Honored Contributor

Have you ever looked at a ray of sunlight as it came into a room?

Image result for window light showing dust particles

Respected Contributor

I actually don’t mind dusting if I keep the surfaces cleared off. I hate when you have to move all the stuff to get to the table or whatever I am dusting. That drives me nuts. 😫

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Your post just reminds me of my upcoming Spring cleaning!  I have one of those brushes that fits over the whole fan blade.  Does a good job of getting the bulk of the dust off.  I then wipe them down with Murphy's Oil Soap on a cloth.  

As far as the dust goes, ours is never ending also.  Add to that - our dog does heavy duty shedding twice a hear & gets on EVERYTHING & our 2 kitties don't allow for much brushing anymore.  

Also, need put out the appliances for dusting - (we were supposed to a couple weeks ago & again didn't happen.)  Definitely this month!