Honored Contributor

Re: Where Did You Buy The BEST COMFORTER You Ever Owned?

@Sooner  I bought mine at Pottery Barn.  The reason I like it is because it is not heavy and hot but yet it will keep you warm.  It is hypoallergic and fiber filled NOT down.  I will have this comforter for a long, long time. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I got mine favorite from Tuesday Morning.  I've had it for maybe 4-5 years,  washed  at least once a year.  Light weight and warm. under $100.   Love Tuesday Morning, but it is hit and miss.  This was a HIT.

Valued Contributor

the company store so many color and weights you could never go wrong there. I have mine for over 10 years and still going strong. 

Honored Contributor

I looked everywhere for a teal color comforter. Found one at - of all places - WALMART. It is lightweight and cozy.

Honored Contributor

If you want one that will last, try The Company Store.
Contributor

Pottery Barn! I slip a duvet over over it.

Respected Contributor

Land’s End.  They have various weights and types of filling. Mine is about 15 years old, a bit heavier weight and down. Comes out of the washer & dryer looking great every time.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I don't know if it's the best comforter but if I get about 5yrs out of it I am happy. In Az. we don't want too thick overstock, wayfair are wonderful, I check out reviews, find a coupon on line & go to ebates. In fact my daughter got calif king mattress & told her to look at those place maybe bed bath & beyond. I am going to treat her to a comforter.  Changing out bed linens can change the whole look of your bedroom so nice to refresh a bedroom without painting. Hope you find something & enjoy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a beautiful comforter from Pottery Barn.  We don't sleep with it though.  I fold it down and keep it on a bench at the end of the bed at night.

We sleep with a thin down comforter I bought at Costo for $25.  It was a Tommy Bahama comforter.  It's super lightweight and I can easily wash it.  It has satin trim.  I hope it doesn't wear out because I would have a hard time finding something so lightweight, yet warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Trusted Contributor

@sissel----Also in AZ.  Not only do we have a down comforter, also flannel sheets.  We do not use the A/C.

My first purchase was actually 4 from Macy's 16 years ago and I would throw them in washer. Last year bought 1 form Macy's for about 120.00.--------tedEbear