Trusted Contributor

Re: Where Are you In The Season Clothing Changeover?

@ECBG I am sorry to hear about your UTI. I had 20 of them in my life. I stopped them by taking 1000 mg of vitamin C every day they have not returned.

I live in Havre de Grace MD an hour and a half away from QVC. It is still hot and humid here.  I am not wearing white or all of my linen, but I will not put my summer clothes away until the first day of Fall. I change out my clothes twice a year warm weather and cold weather.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've had a grand total of four reasonably pretty late summer or early fall like days complete with cooler nights. Now, it' back to hot, muggy and quite a bit of rain. I haven't even considered switching out clothes. Besides, I have enough warmer things always easily available should we actually get an early fall, which I hope we do... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Nowhere. We have maybe a month of winter here which is spread out not a solid month.  Also our winter is not until the next year usually. I always have shorts out. The only thing I put up are thick jammies and things like that. I don't even own a thick coat. No reason to. Light jackets are all I can stand to wear because when it is cold they keep stores and things so hot I have to practically strip when I get there. 

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

@ECBG I am sorry to hear about your UTI. I had 20 of them in my life. I stopped them by taking 1000 mg of vitamin C every day they have not returned.

I live in Havre de Grace MD an hour and a half away from QVC. It is still hot and humid here.  I am not wearing white or all of my linen, but I will not put my summer clothes away until the first day of Fall. I change out my clothes twice a year warm weather and cold weather.

@Squirrel Lover Thank you.  By the time I get to work tomorrow, I will have had 3 doses.

PLEASE be careful with large amounts of Vit C.  It can really effect the gums and holding in teeth.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

Nowhere. We have maybe a month of winter here which is spread out not a solid month.  Also our winter is not until the next year usually. I always have shorts out. The only thing I put up are thick jammies and things like that. I don't even own a thick coat. No reason to. Light jackets are all I can stand to wear because when it is cold they keep stores and things so hot I have to practically strip when I get there. 

@Lali1  Makes no sense and it must be universal. Many stores and public buildings tend to roast you in winter and bake you in summer. The A/C isn't always adequate but the heat is often way too much. And agreed, while I used to need a heavy coat, scarf, gloves and so on, we seem to be regularly skipping winter in recent years. A lighter jacket and sometimes even just a hoodie is enough.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@ECBG   Glad you finally got the meds you need for your UTI and hopefully have found a good doctor.  I had a UTi one summer and due to inept handling of  specimen by the Dr's office, my labs kept showing infection so meds kept getting changed/increased.  I was sick for an entire summer, not due to the UTI, but from the meds.  Finally left that Dr and when to a gynocologist.  Found that UTi no longer existed and I only had irritation (from the meds).  Bless the doctor that took me off meds and RX'd only sitz baths.  Felt better immediatey. 

Anyway, clothes switching.  On my, it is a major production at my house.  I just have way too many clothes even tho I purge often.  I do have alot of closet, drawer and shelf space but not enough to hold all seasons clothes at once.  I keep 3 season clothes out all year, but store all those that are strictly one season.  Usually start in early September, but it is still very summery here.  Today I just started going through one storage container to get out clothes I am going to purge - late start this year - still not ready to put away summer as they go where winter is stored now and it is much too warm yet to do that complete switch, so I am starting with just the purging.  My goal this year is to dispose of 1/4th of my clothes.

Glad you mentioned the shoe boxes from Amazon.  I store some shoes, Christmas decor and miscellaneous stuff in shoe boxes and haven't been able to find them in the stores this year.  I will be ordering those you pictured.  Just what I need.

Honored Contributor

I think the last two days are the warmest of all summer so no fall clothes yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry you aren't well. Hope you're better soon. First weekend in October is my target date for switching and organizing fall/winter wardrobe.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Early mornings are much cooler in PA -- low 60s to 70.  So I've gotten a sweatshirt and a few long-sleeved tops out for early morning walks.  I'll change over to fall clothing in early October.  Love autumn.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I hope putting summer clothes away will be simplified this year since i was careful about selecting clothes to wear, pulling worn aside and washing.  So few actually worn.  I have a few long sleeved tops out at the ready and expect real summer things to be out under dust covers in mid October.  Pulling mostly comfy clothes out and leaving all but one or two dressy things under dust covers but not hidden.  Don't imagine I am going that many places this winter.  Why make more work?  Same with shoes.