Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where Are you In The Season Clothing Changeover?

I have a fairly large MB closet so the only thing I really change over are seasonal things that are on hangers.  Off Season items are hung in my spare bedroom closet.  I have two of those cardboard cubbies for shoes (yes, I kow they're ugly) in my closet and I keep the 5 most worn shoes for the season on my bedroom floor.  Everything else is kept in the cubbies. All my pullover sweaters are folded and kept on shelves in my bedroom closet year round.  Just last week, I pulled about 5 or so fall tops from my spare bedroom closet to hang in my bedroom closet.  Still a little early yet to switch over everything. 

Feel better soon!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

I live in Florida. It's still summer here and my 3 sweaters just stay in the closet year round 😂😂😂

Super Contributor

Feel better soon!  I dont do any changeover and never have. I wear things year round. Of course warmer in winter like sweatshirts and fleece.   

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Hope you feel better soon! 🌈

I don’t really need to do a closet season changeover.  Everything I own is in one small closet and a couple of dressers and already organized by season. 

I have separate drawers for things. All my summer tees are in one drawer. All my long sleeve tees are in another drawer. All my cardigans in one drawer, and all my pullover sweaters in another. Etc. 

I already put my tan crochet handbag away and got out my navy purse. All my purses are stored on the top shelf of my closet. 

The only thing I do is move items around on the closet rod  and floor. Summery pants, shorts, and nicer tops & blouses will go to the back of the rod in my closet fathest from the door. This allows winter items to be up front. My summer shoes will be moved to the back corner of my closet floor so I can move fall shoes to the front. My boots are stored under my bed. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma Better thank you.  I've had 3 doses of med.

Now I get to evaluate the system of the office being under the hospital umbrella. 😈😈😈😈😈

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

I'm so glad you're feeling better.  It always makes for a person's day to be more pleasant.  Take care.

I'm also a procrastinator .. I'll be wearing my shorts & summer clothes at least thru Oct.  I don't like facing reality (getting into the bulkier winter clothes.) I do wear shorts thru winter also (inside.)  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@ECBG 

I'm so glad you're feeling better.  It always makes for a person's day to be more pleasant.  Take care.

I'm also a procrastinator .. I'll be wearing my shorts & summer clothes at least thru Oct.  I don't like facing reality (getting into the bulkier winter clothes.) I do wear shorts thru winter also (inside.)  Woman Wink

@sceniccoast Thank you.  

It's still about 80 degrees here in the afternoon.  Usually, by the end of October, we're clutching a mid weight coat.

I'm in the Appalachian Mountains of NC, near well known Biltmore House.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

Your location sounds beautiful.  Do you have the mountain views?

Don't know why, but for some reason, I thought you were in the CA area.  My bad ..

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast I have a mountain across the former golf course that we border.  

This is my hometown.   I really didn't realize what was here until I lived in the piedmont when we were first married.   It was nice for shopping, but not wholesome for child rearing.   

DH got a transfer and was elated being a camper and spelunking.  His degrees are in physics which led us to the larger cities. 

I didn't like what I saw and the crime rate and we came home to rear the boys we had.  I love this area and have vlose ties to Biltmore House.