Honored Contributor

Where Are you In The Season Clothing Changeover?

I haven't felt top notch for about 5 days.  Dealing with a UTI.  The triage nurse finally got the attention of the new doctor and I am a long time patient.  The office manager will likely have a meeting with the doctors after this taking 6 calls.  

My car went for a battery which turned out to be an alternator, so, no wheels and DH is 3 hours away all day.

I'll have meds this afternoon.

Today, my plastic shoe boxes arrived.  I found them on amazon, and they stack so nicely!  I keep shoes on my closet shelf and many Fly London I had chased down came from ebay who rarely have the box for some reason!  (I'm going to pay closer attention to new arrivals here, FOR SURE!!!).

Clothes when I feel like moving them.

USA Quart Pull and Stack.

They could be used for anything you need to get out of the way.  Spices? Then freeze.

IRIS USA TB-35 5 Quart Stack & Pull Box, Clear, 10 Pack

Regular Contributor

Re: Where Are you In The Season Clothing Changeover?

@ECBG  First, hope your health improves and you feel better soon!

Love your new "shoeboxes."   

Last week, I donated clothes for the church's free clothing bank.  I am left with my few favorites and will try never to fill my closets beyond capacity again (my Huggable Hangers were the best thing I ever bought years ago.  So I am officially transitioned into Fall with lots of space to spare!

Trusted Contributor

I hope you are feeling better.  I had a UTI last week - bummer.  Where I live, it's still really hot and humid so no changeover yet.  I really whittled my clothes down during Covid, so I shouldn't have too much to do-thankfully!

Honored Contributor

@BayGirl7 Thank you my Dear!

Fortunately, these were my days off but I should feel much better tomorrow after this afternoon's and bedtime's doses.

Quite a few of our doctor offices took advantages of the upgrades in waiting and treatment rooms when the hospital system wanted to take them under their umbrella.  At least, now if I have to go to the hospital, they'll have my complete record.

The issue is with calling.  I have now learned to ask for the triage nurse if I need a new prescription!  (Which is ultra rare!).  

The messaging isn't worth a hoot!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG , I hope you are feeling better. I have had 2 UTI's this year and they are not fun. Due to Covid I did not have to go into the clinic either time, was able to talk to the Dr. and tell him my symptoms and he called in prescriptions for antibiotic both times. 

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG Hope that you will be restored back to good health quickly!  As for the change over, it is 93 degrees here in N.Mississippi today so the urge to do so with the clothes has not happened yet.  I will procrastinate until the first frost I am sure.  Good for you that you have buckled down and prepared in advance.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@ECBG Hope that you will be restored back to good health quickly!  As for the change over, it is 93 degrees here in N.Mississippi today so the urge to do so with the clothes has not happened yet.  I will procrastinate until the first frost I am sure.  Good for you that you have buckled down and prepared in advance.

@Boomernichols Thank you!

I'm in the mountains of NC where we have 4 pretty much equal seasons.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

@ECBG , I hope you are feeling better. I have had 2 UTI's this year and they are not fun. Due to Covid I did not have to go into the clinic either time, was able to talk to the Dr. and tell him my symptoms and he called in prescriptions for antibiotic both times. 

@RetRN Thanks.  He's new to the practice and appears to be in his early 30's.  I can't fathom not picking up his messages!

Trusted Contributor

We had three nights of light frost. Today It was 39 at 9 am and I refused to get out a light Winter jacket to take the dogs to the Dog Park at 8:30 am. We went out later and it was nice in the upper 50s. With that said next Tuesday will be near 80 degrees. I am sorting and the sleeveless and light colors are separated. No more skorts or capris. I am old fashioned and don't wear white after Labor Day.   Those items are packed. Some sandals that are summery are also packed. I have just started to sort and agree when I feel like moving them. Benefits to being retired not to feel rushed.

I use inexpensive collapsible net laundry baskets from Wal-Mart .

Honored Contributor

I am very happy to say I have never done the seasonal clothing swap.   I prefer to wear the same weight clothing year round.   

In the past I have owned corduroy pants, a couple of turtleneck shirts and several other  long sleeve shirts, but they just shifted from back to front in the closet.   I don't like sweaters or blazer type jackets.   

Back in the mid 70's during the energy crisis I was working in an old, uninsulated office building that was so cold the water frequently froze in the toilet bowl.   Every morning I dressed in layers for my workday; bra, pantyhose, a full set of men's insulated underwear, wool socks, a short sleeve and long sleeve shirt, corduroy pants, and my Cougar lined boots.   Toboggan, fleece lined  jacket and gloves completed my outfit, and stayed on my body the entire day in the office.    That was one miserable winter!