Trusted Contributor

Re: When do you take your decorations down?

The day after Christmas.  If I have something to do, I like to go ahead and get it done and with the Christmas stuff still up, it makes me feel like I'm behind on my work.

Valued Contributor

I also found these:

ivory-beaded-garland.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Concepts-Beaded-Garland-Lights/dp/B0048F0H9M/ref=sr_1_67?srs=9468653...

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Valued Contributor

@Hoovermom, they had to take that link down & will soon take down the other one, too.  But you know the site to go to, the key words are:  

Battery-Operated Lighted Holiday Jewel Garland

Christmas Concepts 2m Ivory Beaded Garland

-hopefully their posting policy will allow me to say that, without it being wiped out.  I've searched on QVC first for white beaded lights, but there aren't any, unfortunately. 

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

Well the tree (faux) went outside on the porch about 10 minutes ago.  That wasn't quite in my plan but one of the cats decided that she was NOT going to leave it be so I removed the temptation since I couldn't discourage her by moving her or offering another toy as a distraction!  it was the tree or nothing.

Since I use a lot of items that are winter, as opposed to just Christmas, they will stay up until I get tired of having to dust them or spring gets here!

Honored Contributor

I am trying to talk myself into starting today!  Yuck!  What a chore.  I am dreading it.  If I do begin, I do not plan on doing it all today.  Too much!  And my back will not allow it.  It is so depressing also!!!!  I think I need a bottle of wine to do it.  Just kidding.  It's only -- not even 9:00 a.m.!  Maybe a donut???  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't consider Christmas to be over until after the Epiphany on January 6th, so mine will be up until next weekend, since I work and can't get around to taking them down during the week.

Respected Contributor

My Christmas tree is so beautiful in its corner in the living room that I haven't decided when I'll take it down.  That may be in a week or a month or not until March.