Honored Contributor

Re: When do you take your decorations down?

Will unplug the outside decorations right after the new year, but the inside ones can stay up well into January. Wouldn't mind taking a vacation day to get everything put away but that is kind of a waste of a perfectly good day.
Honored Contributor

Mine has been up since Thanksgiving weekend, so probably sometime this week, Tuesday or Wednesday, as my hubby gets tired of it after about a month or so!!!!!!!I never get tired of it!

Esteemed Contributor

We like to relax on the 26th and do as little as possible.  The last thing on our mind is taking down the decorations.

Respected Contributor

Tomorrow, I hope. 

Respected Contributor

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

@smoky22, I love to have white lights up on the mantle too.  I bought some clear faceted glass beaded light strands which are battery operated, and was using those for awhile, but unfortunately the batteries in those packs don't last very long.  Have you found anything that has a long-lasting battery?  These are non-holiday-oriented, so I like to have them up all year long, but replacing C-batteries that often just isn't something I want to keep doing every few days.  Some battery packs are better than others.  For example, I've had a Luminara lantern on since 12/15 for 24/7, and it is only today starting to flicker out.  Love that!

Here is a pic of the type of lights I was referring to (strand):

jewel-bead-garland.jpg

@Serenity-Now  I really like those. May I ask where they're from?

Respected Contributor

I still have some to put up.

Honored Contributor

sometime AFTER the first week of january. i am in no rush, especially since we still have celebrating to do.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@Reba055, those are from amazon, but I would see if VPH has any on offer here to see what their reviews are like, or try other stores online for their after-xmas-sales (hopefully!)  I might look for another set too--oh, and watch the length measurements on these light strings, because some are only 3 ft, while others are 4-5'.  I got two of them so I could have extra white lights, & our mantle is about 5'.  They are so delicately pretty on the mantle in subdued lighting at night!  There is something magical about little white lights, they always make me feel happy for some reason Smiley Happy

Good luck, it is during shopping expeditions such as this that I miss TheFind dot com, but it doesn't exist anymore.  It was so easy to find every store that had that product on offer, their prices, & the pictures of the item (so you didn't get tricked into going to a bogus site).  I sure do miss that website, it saved me a bundle!  Oh, & if you don't use it already, try Retailmenot dot com, because I just saved $25 with a coupon at a different site online, by remembering to visit there to see if anyone posted any current coupons I didn't know about--and sure enough, saved another $25! Great site.

Happy shopping!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Valued Contributor

@Reba055, I did a search on amazon for 'crystal light strings' & found various styles -- look at this one:

Artchros.jpg

I would love finding a place to put those during the holidays!  

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Esteemed Contributor

@Serenity-Now...Those Crystal Light Strings are beautiful!...We have a triple window in our living area and a bay window in our dining area where they would work perfectly...However, they would look lovely in any window or wherever your heart desires!

I also wanted to bring attention to a site that I found called "shopwildthings.com" and they also have a wonderful selection of various styles and decorations of all sorts which should enable all of us for quite some time!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~