Honored Contributor

When do you take your decorations down?

We have an HOA that says all decoration must be down within 2 weeks of  new years so by Jan 15. However, we always take ours down on the 2 or 3 anyway. When I was still working we got our birthday off as a holiday and mine is jan 5 so I often would use that day to undecorate. BTW - i always thought that getting one's birthday off was a great benefit.

Respected Contributor

Re: When do you take your decorations down?

Probablly next weekend - only have a 4 foot tree up - so no problems this year. 

Respected Contributor

After Epiphany, January 6th. 

Esteemed Contributor

We take everything down after New Years.

New Contributor

I switch the Christmas decorations to winter decorations so its not a huge project.  Usually right after new years.  I keep the white lights on the mantle up until spring and just change the Christmas garland to pinecones.  Santa goes away and snowmen take his place. 

Respected Contributor

When we did lights and such it was anytime after New Years, usually the weather dictated exactly when.  We are snowing again.   I like snow, but I don't prefer it to all fall in one week.  Smiley Happy

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I went with a more winter theme than Christmas.  I may leave it up through January.

Honored Contributor

The Christmas season ends on January 6th, so we don't take our decorations down until Jan 7 or a few days later, because I love the how my home looks during the holidays.

Honored Contributor

My mother's tradition was after the feast of the Epiphany. 

My corporation observes MLK's birthday so I keep my holiday decor up until that long weekend (usually mid January).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Anything "red" is still good for Valentine's Day......and the "green stuff" is good until St. Patrick's Day..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥