Honored Contributor

Whatever happened to "tagging" items?

I'm a buffalo plaid nut, both in apparel and home.  You can't type in buffalo plaid and get much of anything, yet wandering around I can find the occasional throw or top.  Why can't they "tag" the items?

Honored Contributor

Re: Whatever happened to "tagging" items?

i am seeing 49 items when i type in buffalo plaid.....home items and apparel.

when i type in just the word plaid i see 559 items.

how many are you seeing?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I agree the q website is not that search friendly.

But for this particular topic, buffalo is not a common word and thankfully an easy term to search.  161 items.  Not that long to browse through them.

https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=buffalo

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am seeing 49 items when i type in buffalo plaid.....home items and apparel.

when i type in just the word plaid i see 559 items.

how many are you seeing?

So what makes the q not search friendly is that when you plug in 2 words, you will get everything with each of the word, which can be unwieldy.  In other words, it searches for "buffalo" or "plaid".

Search results for a search with 2 terms should, IMO, yield only items with BOTH words.  In other words, it should search for "buffalo" AND "plaid".  But that is not what it does.

When I did the "buffalo" search, i found a lot of "buffalo checks".  So the other thing qvc does is its search does not substitute terms for equivalents, which google does.  I am not going to task q with doing this, because they have so many much more necessary things to fix in the website.

Valued Contributor

I've learned the."search" bar needs more than one word as a description. Putting in one word is narrowing your search. 

Honored Contributor

I'm getting between 50 and 162 depending whether I use buffalo plaid or buffalo check.  I swear most of these were not here when I checked last week.