Honored Contributor

Re: What would you select for this house ?

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Painted kitchen | Step inside this traditional soft green kitchen | Reader kitchen | PHOTO GALLERY | Beautiful Kitchens | Housetohome

Oh, I love this kitchen !!

Agree! This is stunning and I wouldn't change a thing!

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Your ordering a new home to be built. You have oxblood leather furniture. It is an open floorplan, so the kitchen colors have to coordinate with the furniture. Mostly red oak wood furniture. You have to pick - wall color (not grey) floor tile, living room carpet, kitchen cabinet color (painted, not wood),kitchen counters.

I'd paint the oak furniture white and or black, make the wall color either white or creamy white; don't like tile so I'd do light maple kitchen floor or possibly slate; wood in living room with a pretty rug under the seating area; cabinets white or maybe white on top and black under (or even light blue/gray or light taupe); and counters probably a light granite to coordinate or even soapstone if they were all white.

I'd add color through window treatments or pillows, fabric on chairs etc.  

I' m trying to take the country out of the kitchen, but not the kitchen out of the country.  But remember I loved that blue living room so many hated.  I like clean, serene looks.

Super Contributor

Consider selling the furniture. it doesn't make sense to plan a new build around used furniture that will probably replaced in 5 to 10 years.

Respected Contributor

You lost me at oxblood furniture...

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my kitchen now, tons of cupboard space!  I have a whole wall with nothing but cupboards with pull out shelves, and then a built in desk off of the kitchen.  And quite a bit of counter space also, since I do so much cooking & baking I keep a nice supply of ingredients on hand so I am not having to run to the store all of the time, we live in a small town and though it has a small grocery store it is very expensive!

Honored Contributor

I've kinda decided that if we do purchase this particular home I will go with ivory walls, silver grey ceramic tile floors, med grey carpet, Ivory top cabinets and grey bottom ones. If I can I think I'd like the island burgundy to coordinate it with the LR furniture. If I can't get that then it would be the same as the bottom cabinets. A light white or grey countertop.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

15 Warm and Cozy Country Inspired Living Room Design Ideas

@151949@Bri36@CareBears!@fariemoon,While this is an attractive picture, be very carefyl with high intensity choices.  They're difficult to live with "day in and day out".  Color can always be added with the use of accessories.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

15 Warm and Cozy Country Inspired Living Room Design Ideas

@151949@Bri36@CareBears!@fariemoon,While this is an attractive picture, be very carefyl with high intensity choices.  They're difficult to live with "day in and day out".  Color can always be added with the use of accessories.

So the saying goes, but it depends on the individual... Some folks live with non-neutrals day in and day out and don't grow weary of them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Without getting into the benefits or liabilities of oxblood leather furniture or whether or not literally hundreds... of decorators swear by it, I agree with those who wouldn't personally choose to plan an entire house around the existing living room furniture... I also agree with those who are pretty much done (or who never bought into) the whole 'open floor plan concept'... 

With respect to what would I do... I'd consider slate blue-grey for alot of things... and maybe a fair number of mid-tone camel walls...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...