Honored Contributor

Re: What would you put on these kitchen shelves?

My Hobby Lobby puts their items out in a vignette style.

Makes it easy for me.

Michaels has things spread out all over the store.  It's not a criticism, just an observation.  Baskets here, florals there.

Whatever way you are leaning for a theme, HL might be your best bet.

And do they still have a coupon every week?

Check the website before you go.

And for me, I would consider the dust factor.

I wouldn't want too much stuff that's a pain to clean.

Honored Contributor

@software  You read most of my mind.  We are getting a local HL soon which is why I tend to gravitate towards Michaels.  The current HL is a trip in a direction I never go.  Totally forgot about their coupon.  I will get that before I go.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what you consider vintage but I consider something like this as vintage.  It would be a pop of purple and warm up the space.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant  I'm thinking the 1940s/1950s era.  And if I offend anyone by calling that vintage, I don't mean too.  I grew up in my grandmother's house so the Greatest Generation's tastes have rubbed off on me and I think that's what the stores would call it now. 

That is a very pretty teacup set.  

Valued Contributor

Large platters, or even a piece of art.  One idea if you want to go in the art direction is to have your favorite handwritten recipe tranferred onto canvas.  I want to do this with my great grandma's lasagna recipe.  It will be like having her in my kitchen whenever I see her handwriting.

Respected Contributor

I would do mix in some small fake plants with purple accents. Mix in a couple of pitchers, you can spray paint anything/any color these days. 

Honored Contributor

@Glittergal  What a beautiful idea!  I never thought of a family photo or something sentimental like that.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Tuscany Purple Ruffle Hand Painted Ceramic, 4-Piece Canister Set 86001 by ACK

Tuscany Purple Ruffle Hand Painted Ceramic, 4-Piece Canister Set 86001 by ACK

Amazon

Honored Contributor

I'm kind of into Mason jars right now.  You can see so many on Etsy.  Just type in purple mason jars.  I like the ones with the flowers in them.  You can decorate them any way you want.

Valued Contributor

I’m thinking a smallish basket to the left, with faux ivy trailing a bit, a vintage kitchen scale to the right, maybe with a small white pumpkin on it for fall, and a piece or two of purple transferware in the middle. Just off the top of my head. . . . 😉  (For Xmas, I would do a couple small vintage Santa cookie jars, different sizes, on the left, and a colorful “cookie cookbook” in a stand open to your favorite cookie recipe. Scatter a couple vintage cookie cutters with wooden handles or shiny ornaments. )  Where do you live? I work for coffee❣️😊 LOL