Respected Contributor

Re: What would you put on these kitchen shelves?

@Hoovermom These are GORGEOUS!

Respected Contributor

I'd keep it simple and functional. Purple glassware (water glasses, stemmed glasses, maybe a pitcher) that has an older/antique look, and perhaps an industrial style clock might keep with the style of the kitchen and give you the purple color.

Super Contributor

I would put things I use on the shelves such as large serving platters, collection of teapots, stoneware/pottery, etc.  Pretty things I use infrequently on the top shelf.  The most important thing is the items have to be able to be easily washed when the time came.  

How lucky you are!

Respected Contributor

Image result for kitchen shelf vignette in purple
Honored Contributor

I would buy several African violets to display on the bottom shelf.

Valued Contributor

If you are a fan of Rae Dunn, her kitchen line is darling. (They are the canisters, etc. featured in the kitchen of HOME AND FAMILY on Hallmark.)

Honored Contributor

I would adorned those shelves with my very colorful, bright, cheery, Fiestaware. Have them in every color I can find---makes me happy to look at them when I open my cabinets.

Honored Contributor

I spend a lot of time at the sink, so I'd make sure it was something that would make me smile.  I had a setup like that in a previous house. I used the shelf for vintage cookbooks and vintage Pyrex pieces.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 ... I haven't read through all of the replies, so forgive me if I'm repeating what others have said.  

I think that the plates you've displayed are too flat against the wall.  I would use the space to put up some art that I love.  Since it's a kitchen, decorative teapots or cookie jars would be great there.  I would prefer to see three dimensional art to two dimensional art.  What could work, would be something with words ... something meaningful to you, and/or kitcheny .... on the upper portion of the wall, with 3-D art on the shelves.  You just have to be sure that it's not too cluttered.  But, back to words... if you're crafty, you could make something, using purple lettering.