Esteemed Contributor

Re: What would you do with this kitchen nook?

@HonestLife wrote:

@Patriot3  the garbage can will be hidden. In my initial post, I stated to disregard all of the items on the floor. I forgot to mention the can as well. I'm using it as I unpack and there's no cabinet real estate at this time.. That will be in my plans when I get new cabinetry. I should post pics looking from the kitchen nook into the kitchen itself. I will do that.

@HonestLife   I only read a couple of reply posts and didn't realize this was actually your own kitchen.  Sorry I was so mean about the trash can Smiley Happy.  Anyway, I do love the space and wish you good luck in the redo......and glad you will hide the trash can Smiley Happy.  Be sure to show us the after pics!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Patriot3  No worries! I should have said it was mine. I just downsized from a 4000 square foot house to this new to me, home. I really love it and I figured the kitchen would be the perfect place to start.  I'll go take some more pics of the entire kitchen now. Course I need to do the dishwasher so nobody thinks I'm a slob or lazy. No one wants to see my dirty dishes...Ha! 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I understand your laminate consideration.  Just as an aside....when we had mahogany floors installed throughout our house, your concern was mine.  I was hesitant about water in the kitchen....it has been about 15 years and the floors remain beautiful even under/around the dishwasher/sink area.  Maybe I'm lucky...I'm certainly not OCD about the floors.  Don't know how I got so lucky, as I shared your thoughts about the wood in the kitchen.  (PS...we didn't do the bathrooms)

I'm interested in and respect your opinions as I'm aware of your extensive background and think of you as an expert in these areas. Always appreciate your response.

Honored Contributor

That is where you should be eating.  It needs a table and 4 chairs.  With all the windows it would be nice to sit there and have your morning coffee or breakfast.  Also lunch & dinner unless you like to be more formal and use your dining room furniture.  Also, get a new dining fixture that hangs lower.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

@Patriot3  No worries! I should have said it was mine. I just downsized from a 4000 square foot house to this new to me, home. I really love it and I figured the kitchen would be the perfect place to start.  I'll go take some more pics of the entire kitchen now. Course I need to do the dishwasher so nobody thinks I'm a slob or lazy. No one wants to see my dirty dishes...Ha! 

@HonestLife  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@HonestLife @Ballard Designs