Honored Contributor

Re: What was your most unique or

My eldest sister bought me a dancing chicken wearing reindeer antlers with ornaments on them.  Wouldn't be so bad if the thing wasn't so loud.   She was delighted by it and I thought it was cute (with no batteries in it).  She passed away a couple of years ago so of course, it's precious to me.

Yea, I found a video someone made of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPzSv16-6rU

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama

Chicken doing "the chicken dance" how cute....and so precious your sister gave it to you....more preçious and memorable since your sister passed.Heart

I have a ceramic ornament my beloved aunt made for me...It's a Santa holding a white cat...what makes it special my Aunt had a white cat named Oliver that was an orphan and she raised him and bottle fed him and he grew and grew and became a huge white...Oliver also passed.. so the ornament has a special double meaning for me....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Respected Contributor

mine would be a man and lady dressed in there Winters best . They were hugging and I always put them in a corner by the tree.

Honored Contributor

I had a beachy Christmas! My tree was totally decorated with beachy Santa ornaments. Santa surfing, Santa wearing leis, etc. When my kids were little we built a "snow lady" in the front yard. She actually wore one of my bathing suits! People came from all over driving by our "beachy Christmas scene" house! Lol!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

memorable holiday home decor? When I was a Buyer, I purchased the holiday decorations for a group of stores & catalogs. I loved it, but I admit I got a bit holiday decoration-logged & my style at home was more minimalist. One year, I bought a 4-foot neon tube Christmas tree. It was the outline of a Christmas tree with a yellow star on top and a pink, a blue, and a lavender (total of 3) circle ornament on the inside of the tree - all with neon tubing. It had a separate electric box that went with it. I set it on a table in front of my living room window and put the electrical setting to flash. I guess it said it all for me at the time Lol. My family just giggled when they came over. I've had pink and blue flocked trees with ornaments like many of our mothers had. The last few years I've had a silver mylar tree with a color wheel light, but the neon tree is stored in my garage. In the late '80's I had store trees flocked black, added faux pearl garland, gold bow ornaments, red velvet ornaments, and crystal drop ornaments; of course all but the trees were for sale. This year our neighborhood is lit up like Glitter Gulch with lights, and I just love it.

I have a couple of things I look forward to see out during the Christmas season every year:

1.  Christmas ornaments my daughter made when she was young.  Some have her picture on them.  LOVE them!

2.  Christopher Radko Disney Ornaments.  Especially Cinderella's Castle.  We got married at WDW and had a photo shoot in the Magic Kingdom and ha some pics in front of the castle.  Always reminds me of our wedding.

3.  My husband has his grandparents Christmas decorations.  We put a little tree in my daughter's room and use them there.  Just love the star on top.