Respected Contributor

What was your most unique or

memorable holiday home decor? When I was a Buyer, I purchased the holiday decorations for a group of stores & catalogs. I loved it, but I admit I got a bit holiday decoration-logged & my style at home was more minimalist. One year, I bought a 4-foot neon tube Christmas tree. It was the outline of a Christmas tree with a yellow star on top and a pink, a blue, and a lavender (total of 3) circle ornament on the inside of the tree - all with neon tubing. It had a separate electric box that went with it. I set it on a table in front of my living room window and put the electrical setting to flash. I guess it said it all for me at the time Lol. My family just giggled when they came over. I've had pink and blue flocked trees with ornaments like many of our mothers had. The last few years I've had a silver mylar tree with a color wheel light, but the neon tree is stored in my garage. In the late '80's I had store trees flocked black, added faux pearl garland, gold bow ornaments, red velvet ornaments, and crystal drop ornaments; of course all but the trees were for sale. This year our neighborhood is lit up like Glitter Gulch with lights, and I just love it.

Honored Contributor

Re: What was your most unique or

Very simple yet memorable to me.....

I have huge jingle bells that I hang on the outside & inside front door handle.  I purchased them from the Dollar Store eons ago.  Still holding up strong.  Similar to the red one as mines are red same amount of bells except my bells are huge & loud when jingled.....il_570xN.1109536380_l8vl.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Your take on Christmas decorations, trees specifically, sound quite innovative,  However, I think most people here are more traditional.  A neon flashing tree just wouldn't do it for me.  Too much like a "Joe's Bar and Grill" sign.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Ninja Turtle Xmas mantle stockings for my 2 young kids.

Honored Contributor

Those are neat.  I too have bells that I put on my door.  

Respected Contributor

Does a cat climbing the tree count??  Cat LOL

Denise
Honored Contributor

I don't know if it was unique but when I got my first apartment, which was very small, my sister gave me a small table top siilver tinsel Christmas tree.  It was very old and she had had it for years.  It fit in a small box and had like these plumes for branches that you just plugged into to this little wooden stick, if you will, which was the trunk of the tree!  I had all these cast off ornaments --- misfits --- LOL --- and crazy looking tinsel.  It was odd and wacky looking but I loved it and used it for several years!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@Desert Lily I don't celebrate the holidays but wanted to say that neon flashing tree would be the best if I decorated!!!!  It sounds very cool.

Honored Contributor

Ever since my adult daughters moved past the idea of magical Christmases, and are no longer into decorating the house, we’ve had several unique decorations.   This year we have only 3 decorations; our garden flag, large outside wreath, and our large plastic Frosty the snowman in the corner of the living room surrounded by gifts the girls bought for others.   I bought Frosty as an outdoor porch decoration years ago, but he’s too pretty to be outside, and someone would steal him, so he’s only used inside.   

We also have a plastic tripod tree usually used on the front porch, that has a variety of light patterns.   It has been used as our inside tree many times.   

A vintage plastic Santa face decoration has also been used  as a centerpiece with holiday gifts in the past.   I deemed him too pretty to be outside as well.   

I love Christmas; love to browse thru decorations in a Christmas store and I enjoy public holiday displays.    I enjoy looking at how posters here have decorated their homes, but I absolutely, positively cannot tolerate much holiday decor in my home.   

Honored Contributor

This little reindeer.  My Dad made him and I just love him,  I filled the crate part with poinsettias and left the wood bare, just the way he gave it to me, no paint or stain.

Once I take the tree down, he stays out most of the winter.

24302217_1799690843375323_7377671399165573270_o.jpg