Honored Contributor

Re: What treasures did you get today?

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Valerie's faux pears.  That's it.  

I will add a few more things to my wish list and think on them.  

As for the new mercury glass pedestals, I know that I would never want to light them, so I think I'd rather find a set elsewhere that has a more slender base (not so puffy to accomodate the C batteries).  If I always used garlands, I would never notice the bases, but I don't always use them.  

I will never say never, though, and often say yes to as-is.  LOL

@SHOPR, I'm finally getting the set of five finials from CIJ advance order today.  They are not B/O so I'm anxious to see what they are like.  I got the gold and am hoping they don't look carrot orange.  These were in Jill's show.

@lucymo, I didn't get my bell today, but will get it tomorrow.  

I'm trying to play catch-up.  What do you think of your gold s/5 finials, and weren't you to receive your cardinal bell today, too?  Remember, I'm the one in possession of the cardinal, and waiting on the snowman, so opposite of you.  

@SHOPR, I did get the bell today but had company for dinner and haven't opened it yet.  I'll post back tomorrow sometime, have a meeting tomorrow morning.  I opened the box of the five finials and they are packed in that soft clinging foam that it's hard to remove them and I was tired and now waiting on them too. Took one small one out and my company oohed and awed over it.  I think they will be nice, appear to be more of a yellow gold which I like better than the orangey kind. I'll let you know more tomorrow when I take them all out and check for flaws.  One thing I know from the small one, they are light as a feather.  I'll probably put a little glue dot under them or museum glue.  No batteries,  yay!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, lucy.  I hope that in the daylight tomorrow, that you are 100% happy with the gold color.  Fingers crossed.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I purchased the TSV in black, the new MG pedestals in chocolate, and an "as is" set of Quirky extension cords.

@Marsha2003,   Did it happen to be the pod power cords that you found as is?  I saw them a few days ago on clearance and have thought about them ever since.  I even did some measuring for behind the bed, sofa, etc.  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Thanks, lucy.  I hope that in the daylight tomorrow, that you are 100% happy with the gold color.  Fingers crossed.  

@SHOPR, Thanks, are you interested in getting the finials?  I'll check all angles for you and answer anything you want to know.  They look beautiful in the box.  Did you get the MG six foot light strings?  I couldn't remember if it was you or someone else.  I got two of them and they are pretty and timers work on both of mine.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR, Thanks, are you interested in getting the finials?  I'll check all angles for you and answer anything you want to know.  They look beautiful in the box.  Did you get the MG six foot light strings?  I couldn't remember if it was you or someone else.  I got two of them and they are pretty and timers work on both of mine.

@lucymo, Which colors do you have in the MG strands?  I was tempted by the strands and the s/5 finials. I ended up ordering the Zulily gold finials and opted to hold off on the MG strands.  The s/5 finials are still a possibility for me if I have any problems with the Zulily set, so your opinion is definitely appreciated. 

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Nothing!  Woohoo! Will power!

No TSV Peter?

No, @mousiegirl.  I have a Luminara lantern that I enjoy, and 49 other Luminara candles (including 18 rechargeable votives).  I think I have enough, don't you!

Esteemed Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

No TSV Peter?

No, @mousiegirl.  I have a Luminara lantern that I enjoy, and 49 other Luminara candles (including 18 rechargeable votives).  I think I have enough, don't you!

Gulp.  That is a lot of Luminaras.  50 total is a nice round number to stick with I'd say. LOL

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

No TSV Peter?

Gulp.  That is a lot of Luminaras.  50 total is a nice round number to stick with I'd say. LOL

Actually, I counted wrong.  It's 49 WITH the lantern.  That's not a nice, round number.  I guess I have a new project.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

No TSV Peter?

Oh! LOL.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I purchased the TSV in black, the new MG pedestals in chocolate, and an "as is" set of Quirky extension cords.

@Marsha2003,   Did it happen to be the pod power cords that you found as is?  I saw them a few days ago on clearance and have thought about them ever since.  I even did some measuring for behind the bed, sofa, etc.  

@SHOPR Those are the ones.  I checked other sources and that seems to be a pretty good price.  I thought they would make good gifts for the teens in my life.