Trusted Contributor

Re: What treasures did you get today?

[ Edited ]

I ended up ordering the Luminara lantern.  I purposely didn't even check it out at midnight, because I haven't been ordering.  But, I ended up seeing it this morning and knew it was going to be perfect for sitting by my front door. I hope I'm not disappointed.

I got the black.  Our house is tan, trimmed with black shutters.  I would have purchased the red however, if I had tuned in last night, lol.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Valerie's faux pears.  That's it.  

I will add a few more things to my wish list and think on them.  

As for the new mercury glass pedestals, I know that I would never want to light them, so I think I'd rather find a set elsewhere that has a more slender base (not so puffy to accomodate the C batteries).  If I always used garlands, I would never notice the bases, but I don't always use them.  

I will never say never, though, and often say yes to as-is.  LOL

@SHOPR  I only got the 19" black lantern (more batteries).   I didn't buy those pedestals either for the same reason. not interested in lighting them.  Honestly, as another poster mentioned, I've had enough with the battery stuff.  I have a drawer full of big packs of batteries from Costco just to keep up with all my BO items.  I'm looking for a good plug in...LOL.  I agree that "as is" might be the place for the pedestals.   Having said that...I do like them and will keep an eye out for the returns.

Regular Contributor

Good morning everyone.  I purchased the set of 2 metal outdoor orange lanterns, so the cats cannot break them; the set of 2 orange lite gourds that will sit on top of the entertainment center, so the pugs cannot get to them; the set  of 18 mixed pumpkins to go inside a black lantern that sits on top of a round table on the front deck.  I tried to be good, but the fall decorating season will soon start up, so who knows how long that will last.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

I went alittle crazy. I got the 16" red TSV lantern, VP mercury pine cones, VP golden pinapple, VP metal pumpkins with timer & VP mosaic multi lamp. 

Respected Contributor

I got each color in the 19" TSV, s/4 MG pumpkins, Harvest Angel AD.  I ordered & canceled the S/3 MG pedestals. Silver.  I really liked the 2" less height as the set I just recently got.  I also didn't think the pinecone effect would detract in the silver as I have winter pinecone items.  I am about ready to be a renegade & order presentation sight unseen; H205570 in the silver.  Right now I am dealing with pedestal cancellation remorse, lol.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

As for the new mercury glass pedestals, I know that I would never want to light them, so I think I'd rather find a set elsewhere that has a more slender base (not so puffy to accomodate the C batteries).  If I always used garlands, I would never notice the bases, but I don't always use them.  

@SHOPR, I'm finally getting the set of five finials from CIJ advance order today.  They are not B/O so I'm anxious to see what they are like.  I got the gold and am hoping they don't look carrot orange.  These were in Jill's show.

Respected Contributor

I was inspired but because of shipping did not buy anything.  So today I am going to Pier One, Michaels, BBB, Fred Meyers to see what they have.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I was inspired but because of shipping did not buy anything.  So today I am going to Pier One, Michaels, BBB, Fred Meyers to see what they have.

@traveler, hope you find some great things to bring home and no rediculous S/H charges.  We don't have Fred Meyers or Michaels close by.

Super Contributor

That beaded crystal garland was  with the 3 glass pumpkins that  were bracking many years ago. I have the garland. They told us to get rid of the pumpkins and gave credit

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR, I'm finally getting the set of five finials from CIJ advance order today.  They are not B/O so I'm anxious to see what they are like.  I got the gold and am hoping they don't look carrot orange.  These were in Jill's show.

@lucymo, I didn't get my bell today, but will get it tomorrow.  

I'm trying to play catch-up.  What do you think of your gold s/5 finials, and weren't you to receive your cardinal bell today, too?  Remember, I'm the one in possession of the cardinal, and waiting on the snowman, so opposite of you.