Regular Contributor

What to gift for a Baby Baptism?

O/T I have not been to a member of the family Baptism for a very long time, but just received a invitation. Not sure what is the proper gift these days? Is it monetary or a memento or both? Not even sure how much? Any advice would be appreciated

Respected Contributor

Re: What to gift for a Baby Baptism?

When my kids were baptized, they got a book of children's prayers, ceramic cross for the wall in their room, and savings bonds (think you need their ss # for that maybe).

Valued Contributor

A childrens bible, a medal or money.

Esteemed Contributor

I would give a small religious item and some money.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

Savings bond.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for savings bond. It can be accompanied by a small token gift as well.

Regular Contributor

I so appreciate your ideas! I can always count on great advice from the forums

Super Contributor

Waaaaaaay back when I was growing up, I can remember sitting with Mom and Dad and siblings each and every night, reading from Little Visits with God, and that is the book I choose each time I get invited to an event like this. There are some very nice Willow Trees that I like giving to my grand daugher for special events, too.

Regular Contributor

On 3/30/2015 babyb said:

Waaaaaaay back when I was growing up, I can remember sitting with Mom and Dad and siblings each and every night, reading from Little Visits with God, and that is the book I choose each time I get invited to an event like this. There are some very nice Willow Trees that I like giving to my grand daugher for special events, too.

I just looked it up on line as I am not familiar with the title, thanks for this idea!

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 babyb said:

I have that book as well! What a great idea, a really nice book.

Another that would be appropriate would be Robert Louis Stephenson's "A Child's Garden of Verses". I have a copy that must have been my dad's based on the publication date, and we had it as children, and I used it for my son. I so love the poems because they are about the wonder, imagination, and play of childhood.