Respected Contributor

Re: What to bring to Thanksgiving

A pretty wreath.

Honored Contributor

I don't like to bring things to eat or display.  My thought is a set of pretty dishtowels, dishcloths, and some lovely dish soap or counter spray--something nice than most of our everyday things.  

And enclose a nice card that says something like "Thanks so much for inviting us to your home!  It was a special day, and since we don't be here tomorrow, maybe this will help with the aftermath!" 

I like that because people today have so many things they don't eat and because you don't have to display or dump something you don't like.

Respected Contributor

All I will say is to be insulted by any kind of gift given in the spirit of love and appreciation is...well, maybe I just shouldn't say what it is......but it's not good. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Water for the lemonade.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd go for the really nice box of chocolates. They don't have to eat them if they don't want - just set them out for guests or freeze them. The last things I want are plants (I don't want to take care of them) and anything for my home, especially kitchen towels! Why don't you find out from your son if the couple serves wine? If they do, that's an easy and appreciated gift. Otherwise I'd go for the nice box of chocolates.

Contributor

Bring them a small gift set of Poo Pourri. It will get used.

\

Esteemed Contributor

If your coming to my home I would appreciate a poinsettia to enjoy over the holidays or a fresh flower arrangement. 

No dish towels or pot holders, no gift card, no thought behind it, no candy as I only like dark chocolate raspberry creams (Sees and I buy one box a year) nothing that I need to find a place to put it.

I would not bring food as it's known they do not want it.  Hostess sets the menu.  

Trusted Contributor

Our hostess loves Yankee Candles, so I usually bring the real large jar in a Christmas scent that I know she loves.  I've also brought Fannie Mae Candies.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would bring a pointsettia, a wreath or a floral arrangement. NO dish towels, tea towels, dish soap, kitchen spray, or poo pouri, which is a REALLY TACKY gift. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How about a lovely apron?  It just came to mind...

Not a stupid saying one either, I'd love a pretty one with or without a bib portion. Heart

edited to add:

I really don't think it is a tacky gift at all.  Maybe some of you would, I hope not.  I think it's unique and thoughtful.