Honored Contributor

What's your housekeeping "dirty little secret"?

I love a clean and orderly house. In fact, I get a little bit "twitchy" when things are cluttered and out of place.  Right now, it's my basement that is making me twitch.  My son and DIL are building a house and pretty much everything they own is waiting in my basement. I know it's temporary, and I love them enough to put up with it, but I have to admit that it weighs on my mind.

So, what's your housekeeping dirty little secret?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: What's your housekeeping "dirty little secret"?

Would putting grease down the sink count? It's followed by a hot water rinse.

Honored Contributor

Arizona is a dusty place.    I can't keep up with it.......so I keep the lights DIM

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

My back porch has been the repository of way too much junk. One of these days I will sort and discard.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I don't have a secret, unless for years I had the house professionally cleaned and the bed changed so I could have a life!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I don't have a secret, unless for years I had the house professionally cleaned and the bed changed so I could have a life!!!

Gee, that's kind of harsh.  I clean my own house, but still have a life.

Honored Contributor

I am getting new floors in my 2nd floor bedrooms at the end of the month.  I have all of my furniture from 4 bedrooms crammed into one bedroom including the contents of my closets.

I have clothes racks in my formal DR with all my clothes from my walk-in closet on it.  I cannot get into my bureaus and I am wearing clothes that are stored in a clothes basket.

My main bath is full of stuff too....including the tub.  We took out the carpet and my floors are sheet wood.  It is pretty bad.

My bedroom has my bed in it...and that is all. My floors will be a two day job....the worse is yet to come.  Once the bedroom floors are finished.we need to move everything out of the last bedroom so we can have a floor laid in there and we will have little time to do it. I am not looking forward to that.

I'll take me forever to get everything back into it's place.  I can't wait until this project is finished.  It is Chaos in my house.

Trusted Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Gee, that's kind of harsh.  I clean my own house, but still have a life.

Agree.  My husband also helps clean the house so I guess my husband and I don't have a life either.  geeeesh ECBG.   

Esteemed Contributor

@CoffeeNut   LOL.  

I'm sure she didn't mean to put down those of us who do our own housework.  It just came out that way.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 

@CoffeeNut 

ECBG's comments went right over your head.. Whoosh!

I cannot beleive you two made such crude statements to her.