Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite television house?

On 3/22/2015 !FitChick! said:

Father Knows Best or Leave it to Beaver for a traditional house. If I had to live in an apartment by myself, it would be Mary Richards' first apartment. If I married someone with money, the apartment on The Bob Newhart Show ( I love Suzanne Pleshett- I wanted her wardrobe, too).

I agree about the apartments .I loved the bed linen in the Newhart bedroom . One of my favorite houses, I love the colors especially in the program 'Last Man Standing'. I don't always watch the show but love the house. I also love the kitchen in the show 'Separated at Birth '

Contributor

Frazier's condo...

Honored Contributor

I liked the Bewitched house. My favorite apartment was on Bob Newhart. There's a book I bought many years ago that shows the floor plans of some classic TV show homes. The worst was the one on Green Acres where the bedroom closet opened to the outdoors.

Respected Contributor

Bonanza

Family

Mad Men

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Kad-A-Lac said:

Frazier's condo...

Yes, love that one. Also Rob and Laura Petrie's house from the D*ck VanDyke show.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

The Hot in Cleveland house for me.
Frequent Contributor

I always loved the Walton's house.

For a look at the real MTM house: http://tinyurl.com/ad3an5j

Trusted Contributor

I loved the house on "Full House" and, in the movies, I loved the house in "Home Alone". As a kid, my brothers and I watched "Green Acres" and I was fascinated by that shack with the door always falling off!

Honored Contributor

The 'Psycho' house! Smiley Happy

Ok, I wouldn't want to live there but the architecture is so cool. They also used it on at least one Alfred Hitchcock Hour episode and it is used in the 'Bates Motel' show.

Years ago I used to do the 'Universal Studios' tour (great fun!) and saw it a couple of times. You never got to get closed to it, as the tram went down the street that was on the level of the 'motel', but it was cool to see it in person.

Regular Contributor

Frank Reagan's house on Bluebloods. We usually see the dining room, kitchen or den and there's such a comfortable warmth to those rooms.