Super Contributor

Re: What's your favorite television house?

The penthouse from ""The Perfect Murder"" movie with Michael Douglas - the view is AMAZING!

Contributor

My number 1 all time favorite TV house is Bewitched. The style/scale of the house is perfect.

Number 2 is My Three Sons. Although not practical for today's lifestyle, I love the separation of the kitchen from the rest of the house. It's in its own little space with a swinging door, LOVE that!

Number 3 is the Eight is Enough house. The office off the bottom of the staircase and the traditional central foyer are so comforting.

I think I could go on about this topic. TV houses are a favorite love of mine.

Honored Contributor

Well, from the 80s, I'd take Blake Carrington's house from Dynasty ..... or Castle's NYC apartment ...... or if everything's on the table, I'd also take the Downton Abbey estate. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Contributor

I like this thread! For "tv houses" the ones I like have already been posted. For "movie houses", I love the country house in the movie "Christmas in Connecticut" w/Barbara Stanwyck and "Gull Cottage" from "The Ghost and Mrs Muir". Also the cottage by the stream in "Random Harvest", and lastly Susan Hayward's swank country home in Paris from the movie "Back Street". That was fun, thanks YellowLabMom for starting this thread!

Respected Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Julia Sugerbaker's home in Deisgning Women. Adam and Christina's home in Parenthood.
Frequent Contributor

I'm glad this thread has been a hit! You've reminded me of some other houses I like (The Waltons and Andy Griffith Show). Thanks for participating! P.S. I also like the inn in ""Newhart"". :-)
Valued Contributor

Doctor Who's Tardis! It's bigger on the inside {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

He's got everything in there, including a swimming pool & infinite possibilities.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

The beach house in Something's Gotta Give.
Esteemed Contributor

Margo Channing has a really nice place in "All About Eve". I assume its a townhouse, because it's at least three stories but you never see the outside. A sunken living room, extra bedroom for Eve, a little terrace off her bedroom for the exercise bike and a super modern for 1949 kitchen. I love the scene in the kitchen to check out the cabinets and appliances.