Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's your favorite dish soap?

Blue Dawn here, too. I find it slightly amusing that blue dawn is mentioned so many times already in this thread. Didn't know it was a favorite.

Respected Contributor

Dawn (blue) is my favorite.  It just cleans the best, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Dawn.  That is all I will use.  

Contributor

No question that my favorite is also Blue Dawn, but also because it is versatile beyond dishes. I've used it as a pre treatment on clothes to get out wine and other bad stains, particularly greasy ones. Got a stuffed up toilet? Put a half cup or so in the toilet (with a low water level) and let it sit 2o minutes then add a pot of boiling water. Plunge 10 times or so and you've safely fixed things usually without nasty chemicals. Yes it cleans my greasy dishes - but it is a terrific all purpose helper! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite is Lavender Palmolive, or the Lavender Lotus, which I am having a hard time finding.  The last I picked up was a pink Palmolive, which smells like roses, and was hard for me to tolerate as a dish soap scent. 

Blue Dawn for me is too stripping to my hands.  Also I have always noticed an odor on the dish rag when I've used Dawn, as the dishrag dries out. 

I cannot stand that smell, and I only notice it with Dawn products.  I do keep it for other cleaning.  I know it has a great reputation.  But whatever about it is unique leaves an odor that just turns my stomach, almost like mildew, and it stays on my hands if I pick up that dish rag. I am talking just from drying out after one use of the dishrag, too.

Honored Contributor

I use Dawn - this time of year any of the hand softening ones.

I use blue Dawn for getting laundry stains out! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I use Polmolive lavendar and keep blue Dawn in the laundry room to put on greasy spots on laundry.  Dawn also works on spots you didn't see until after the dryer!

Honored Contributor

Dawn is used, like Palmolive. Hubs does dishes too sometimes and likes Dawn, thus, we use Dawn. Don't want to lose a good thing.

Honored Contributor

Another one for Blue Dawn and agree it's great on laundry stains too.

Honored Contributor

Shaklee-

If we hesitate to mention that fresh-scented Dish Wash is soft on hands and the earth, it's only because you might think it's soft on grease. But trust us. You need only a few drops to tackle a pile of greasy dinner aftermath. Really. Just a few. This is an exercise in restraint.

PTPA provides an objective means to discover, appraise and promote new products designed to enrich family living. Awards are presented to companies whose products are deemed exceptional by a knowledgeable and unbiased panel of experts.