Valued Contributor

Re: What's your favorite Yankee Candle scent?

[ Edited ]

Home Sweet Home

Cranberry Chutney

Christmas Cookie

Sparkling Cinnamon

Harvest

Super Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

Mountain Lodge.

I love Mountain Lodge!!

@nun ya Have you purchased a Mountain Lodge candle recently?  I don't have a Yankee Candle store near me, and they stopped selling this scent at my local BBB.  About 2 years ago, I ordered a couple of large jar candles from the website, and the throw was terrible.  I don't know if they were old, or if the quality has gone down, but I haven't ordered from them since.  

Hi @RazorSharp!! My daughter bought me 2 candles and a bunch of tarts last Sept for my birthday. I have found that the tarts are stronger than the candles. We have a local store....I will have to go and see if they still have them. Another one I like is Silver Birch, both are woodsy.  I got tired of the food smells and moved onto more earthy ones. 

Thanks, @nun ya!  I've only used tarts a couple of times.  I don't have anything against them, I am just a fan of the ambience of the candles.  I'll have to see if BBB sells the tarts, and if not, I'll keep my eye on the website for a sale!  I had a Silver Birch candle when they first came out a couple years ago, too.  I felt that candle smelled much differently when lit, and I wasn't a fan.  The only other YC I've liked is Leather, and they only sell them once and a while as they are limited edition.

I have been buying the tarts almost exclusively although I agree that the ambience of a candle is special.  My favorite Yankee Candle scents are Margarita Time for summer and Cherries in Snow for winter.  Unfortunately, I have noticed a real decline in the lasting power of Yankee Candle products.  I have found several tarts at Joann Fabric and Michaels that I like almost as well, and the prices are cheaper.

Michaels jar candles are great as well

Super Contributor

@MathisFan wrote:

Home Sweet Home

Cranberry Chutney

Christmas Cookie

Sparkling Cinnamon

Harvest

Christmas cookie is a favorite as mine as well.  I always like Home sweet home when I smell it but I've never purchased anything in the scent. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My original all time favorite has been Home Sweet Home. 

Others I love are

Buttercream, Harvest, and I think it was called Cortland Apple.

Oops. It was Macintosh

Trusted Contributor

I'm disappointed that the Yankee candle stores don't carry Good Air Odor Eliminating candles.  You can only order online.  This candle really helps with kitchen odors and I haven't found anything comparable to it.  Any suggestions for other brands?

Trusted Contributor

To Ladybug -- I think I saw Ocean Breeze at Home Goods.

Honored Contributor

Vanilla cupcake is my absolute favorite scent.   I do not burn candles anymore, but use candle warmers, or tarts for scenting purposes.   

Contributor

I love Red Apple Wreath, especially for

Fall and Winter and lovely for the holidays.

Respected Contributor

Golden sands

Under the Palms

Farmers Market

Apple Pumpkin

Holiday Sage

Red Apple Wreath

Respected Contributor

None, however I loooove their home decor line & my most latest passion is their Margaritaville Line.  I had to have their most recent Adirondack chairs!