Honored Contributor

Re: What's on your bedroom dresser?

I have too much stuff on it!  I have an off white lace dresser scarf.  I have a filigree tray filled with a lot of perfumes and scents.  I have an antique pitcher and bowl which my mother made for me in ceramics class ages ago.  I have a small decorative wooden box with trinkets in it.  I have a clear pink lidded glass dish with a little fawn on the top which was gifted to me from my favorite aunt.  An antique kewpie doll from my mother.  A lamp which has cut glass colors in the base and a night light.  I think that's about it!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi : re: your armoire, multi-function furniture pieces are great.

Esteemed Contributor

I decorate throughout the house with fans & little stuffed rabbits. My dresser has a galley-type rail, so some fans & rabbits are behind that rail on the dresser.

There's also a little jewelry box and a jar of Perlier cream, and some smaller jewelry pouches. (I have a large standing jewelry box, which I hardly ever go into.) The ones on the dresser are the pieces I wear the most.

This is not a decoration, just a necessity for the time being - a small flat TV, which is very soon to be discarded, as soon as we can find an unobtrusive stand we like for the bigger TV.

I don't want a TV at all, only this is one of the rooms that has the TV hookup. So, when DH wants a different show, this is where he goes, and I get the regular TV room.

Honored Contributor

Currently we're using my Dad's parents' bedroom suite which comprises a chest of drawers, a tall bureau and G'Mom's dressing table and bench seat. Not sure of the wood, it almost looks like the old fashioned burl. I know there was a mirror that attached to the back of the dresser but we don't have it. There is a lovely mirror attached to the dressing table though. G'Mom's cedar chest is in another bedroom holding sweaters of mine.

So on top - I am not a minimalist either as I do have jewelry boxes stacked on the dressing table as well the complete set of an oval mirror (plate), a tricket box and a brush, comb and hand mirror set. All of these pieces have a decorative embroidered flower pattern all protected under a clear covering. Of course a small clock radio there and my Dad's rosary beads. 

A lot of trickets and small boxes adorn both the bureau and chest of drawers, a small tv on the bureau, a lovely stained glass table lamp, and most recently two favorite perfumes, Estee lauder Youth Dew and  Guerlain Samsara both with beautiful scents.

Esteemed Contributor

We have beautiful antique maple bureaus that my husband had growing up.  They are simple in design but I love them.  I keep the tops fairly cleared with one small lamp on each.  Mine also has 2 small framed photos of my deceased parents, a small Colleen Lopez jewelry box for everyday pieces and a tiny wooden chest with my beloved cats ashes Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

An Imari lamp and burgundy Luminara candle sitting on one of Valerie's round mirrors with clear gem-like edging. 

Honored Contributor

I have an orchid plant on the left side, and a small lamp and a photo on the right side.

I dislike clutter.  Anything more on that dresser and I wouldn't be happy about it.  

Honored Contributor

I am really a minimalist I guess.  Woman Embarassed  

*I have a ivory colored large jewelry box from Pottery Barn;

*2 big round pink flameless candles on silver bases;

*a small crystal lamp; and a

*Portmeiron small footed dish that holds packets of Emergen C and my Apple watch on a charger. 

Honored Contributor

A small accent lamp made out of seaglass, 3 stacked old novels, and a lantern made from driftwood with a luminara candle.

Honored Contributor

4 Bethlehem Lights candles (no lamps in my bedroom) and a cordless phone.