Respected Contributor

Re: What's on your bedroom dresser?

I just have a jewelry box on my dresser.  I dislike clutter.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

I don't have or need a bedroom dresser.

But I hope you and the fam - including the kitties, of course - are adjusting nicely to your new home and area.

@feline groovy     I don't have a dresser either.   I have an armoire, but it's filled with office supplies, gift wrap, and assorted "other junque".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I have my grandparents bedroom set from the 40s!  So I know what you mean. Well made, substanital furniture!  I have a lamp and some family pictures in frames (2) and a little china trinket box. 

Sometimes when I am dusting I switch the pictures with others I have around the house or change the trinket box to something more seasonal.  Like a little xmas thing or glass pumpkin or a candle.  That's just how I clean.  I take everything down to dust the tops.  So why not mix it up a little.  Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

Luckily my parents bought really heavy furniture in the 50's.  I still am using a tall dresser I inherited.  No idea where the rest of the set is.  I moved a few years ago & decided it would be easier to dust if I just left it clean.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

My long dresser has shelves on both sides of the mirror and I have decorative trinket boxes and a couple angels on them.  The mirror section that sits on the dresser has a ledge at the bottom and I have 9 of the Colleen Lopez stackable jewelry trays on this.  The dresser front I keep bare for convenience.

The tall armoire and drawers dresser has a 4 arm votive candles floral centerpiece in the center and brass and floral candle holders on each side.

Trusted Contributor

Too much!  lol.  We finally got matching bedroom dresser, chest, and bedside tables a few years ago, 30+ years after we got married!  I have a Q "Tiffany(?)" lamp, a bunch of Q folding jewelry holders, and various watches and earrings (what I wear most).  Not a "model home" look -- I will work on that when we sell. 😂😂

Honored Contributor

I have 2 jewelry boxes & 2 pieces of Fenton on our dresser.

Honored Contributor

I try to keep my bureau neat and uncluttered.  However, I do tend to put too many things on it and forever am trying to minimize.  

I have a jewelry box, a hand mirror, mementos from my nieces, two hand written compositions which say such touching  beautiful things of how they feel about me.  This was many years ago, they are grown women now. I have a gift my late best friend gave me.  I also have perfumes, hand creams in a basket .  Add in an earring holder and yes, it is too much!!!!!  However, when you look at it, you see me and some of the things I love!

Esteemed Contributor

A lamp (coral base, bright poppies on the shade) and a small piggy bank collection.  Oh, and of course, a plant - a dracaena "Janet Craig".  It's close to a window.

At times I've had more on it, but I did get tired of dusting around it so now one of the top drawers is filled with seasonal trinkets that I probably really need to get rid of.  DH gave me most of them so I am reluctant to.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@house_cat   Your parents', and now your dresser sounds beautiful.  I have a lamp, a jewelry box, three photos of family and pets, a small Waterford box and a very small round hand painted box.  

I would suggest going to Pinterest and searching for "dresser decor" to get some ideas.  I go there frequently when I'm looking for decorating ideas.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau