Honored Contributor

Entire "scene" is just too "pale."   Too much light colored stuff.

I don't like furniture in front of windows.

Too much glass - end tables and cofee table.

Bench at right side of pic looks out of place.

Honored Contributor

Re: What’s Wrong?

[ Edited ]

All of the furniture,except for the curio, needs to be placed on the carpet with at least the front legs on it anyway...interior deco 101.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it, very neutral and calm.

Esteemed Contributor

Different end tables would be my choice.

Honored Contributor

I LIKE IT!    Actually the only thing in this picture that's my own style is the curio and maybe the rug, but I love the open space.

I wouldn't choose the furnishings and touches in this picture, but what really appeals to me is the fact this room is not overdone and stuffed with all those touches I think of as pure clutter.    

Trusted Contributor

I'll throw my two cents in for what it's worth.  I would begin by turning the rug around so long end is parallel to the wall and then experimenting with where the couch should go.  Maybe on that far wall.  Painting would have to be removed.  Sofa dimensions seem too small, but maybe it could work with the end tables and lamps next to it on that far wall.  Big chair and ottoman should be opposite sofa perhaps slanted slightly towards the window (maybe) .  I'd definitely move the curio cabinet.  Looks like it was just stuck in a corner.  Bench chair facing out to the windows from far side of rug might bring a little balance. I'd see if the round table still looks okay next to where the large chair is, but if not, I'd remove it.  Need something new above sofa.

Honored Contributor

Re: What’s Wrong?

[ Edited ]

Without getting into what I like and what I don't, the room is calling out for more furniture, a different furniture arrangement and for some sort of window covering. The pieces there appear to be sizable, there just aren't enough of them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would have window treatments also and add furniture and decor.  It needs a pick me up for sure.

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

I agree, larger sized sofa and furniture needed for the size of the room .... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@wilma The scale is way off as well as the furniture placement.  Why shove all the furniture close to the window???  The rug is way too small for the room.  The curio cabinet looks is all wrong on that wall. The bench's arms are way too high to be comfortable and does not work with the metal and glass tables. The metal end table and coffee tables are the right size for the room but not for the sofa and love seat.  This is a large room and they should have taken that into consideration instead of using furniture from a smaller space and not adding to it.  The windows allow a tremendous amount of light into the room and seems to wash out whatever wall color was used.  A work in progress?????????  If so, progress better hurry up!