Honored Contributor

Re: What's Best For Regular Cleaning (dusting) Wood Floors

mop system

This type of microfiber mop. Can be used dry and wet. Really the only thing I've ever found that really grabs the fine dust.

Don Asslet sold here at qvc.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a variety of floors in our house. I use the Dyson and multiple heads. My favorite for the wood and laminates is the Don Astlett dust mop. It has a wide head and microfiber mats that self stick. (washable) They last forever and get the dust and small particles up from your floor without scratching the surface. It is quick! 

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm Please let me know the brand of your fluffy mops and where you get them.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Fressa Thanks ....I actually have the Don Aslett microfiber mats...forgot I had them..and I have the Dyson vac as well.  It has a header with  brushes which I can use to clean my rugs, but I really need to buy the header without the brushes just in case.  Thanks for your info.  Really helped me.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm I don't use the dyson beater on my wood floors either ... just the suction feature.  I use the beater on my two antique, oriental rugs only.  I am thinking about getting the dyson foam type head, but I may not need it.  Thanks for your response...it really helps me

Honored Contributor

@tobes  Mine are Libman Commercial (dry) mops.  They take a 16 or 18" mop head (the microfiber thousand fingers lol).  Made in the USA, machine washable, pick up dust (much better than swiffer-like contraptions).  

I paid probably $15-$20 for mine at the grocery store years ago (the stick part of it--not the individual replacement mopheads) and I see now they want $107 on Amazon for the stick mop and 6 replacement heads--yikes.

But worth every penny.  I have several of the mops themselves and dozens of the mopheads (go for about $10 now on Amazon--another yikes).  

I like to switch to a clean one halfway thru a room and they are very easy to do that just click click and you're ready to go.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Every hardwood floor expert I've ever talked to said vinegar and water and a VERY dry damp mop.  Don't leave water standing.

If it is even more than damp, towel dry it. 

This is what I do and also what my housekeepers do.  I use Don Aslett's microfiber mop.  It works very well.  M122312

I've been using Don Aslett's microfiber mop on my tile floors for many years.