Esteemed Contributor

Re: What kind of vacuum do you have?

A $100 Bissell. All hardwoods but the bedrooms. 

I'm considering a Roomba to get under the beds.

Trusted Contributor

@151949 ~ We have a Dyson upright as well and love it.  With three big dogs I vacuum everyday and cannot believe what that thing picks up!  It was worth the money, that's for sure!

I still have our old Oreck and use it mainly for area rugs since the Dyson is so powerful it winds up picking up the smaller rugs!  The Oreck is still going but the price of the bags is crazy!  It's so much easier to just empty the canister and be done.  :-)

Respected Contributor

We have a 20 year old Hoover Windtunnel that still works great. But for everyday cleaning, we have a central vac system.

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 I had an old Oreck too - we took it up to our camper and just left it for the new owners when we sold the camper.

Honored Contributor

My DH has neuropathy and it's painful for him to walk on the hard floors so we have carpet everywhere but kitchen & baths. That's a lot of vacuuming.

Honored Contributor

I own two original Shark Lift-Away vacs. Imo, you can't improve on the best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949

My mom always said the canisters worked the best, but I find them a bit cumbersome, but they do a good job....but I ditched mine got tired of dragging that canister and trying to manuver it around the furniture.........

I have the Shark Rocket Deluxe Powerhead Vacuum.....

Shark Rocket Deluxe Powerhead Vacuum with Compact Handle - V34936

For quick jobs and cat hair on the furniture I also have the Shark Corded Handheld Vac with powerbrush that works great!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I own two original Shark Lift-Away vacs. Imo, you can't improve on the best.

Me, too, @SilleeMee. Great vac, great options.  I have one upstairs and one down, use the lift-away to get the stairs.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Does Bill the cat ride on the Roomba?????

Image result for cat riding the roomba

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My SIL bought a Shark around the same time I bought my Dyson. She is on her third shark while I still have my original Dyson. So her financial outlay has been as much as mine was over the years. She has a collie which could be contributed to the demise of her vacuums.