Honored Contributor

Re: What kind of vacuum do you have?

@brewhaha wrote:

An unused one.

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Shark Pet Pro; I have 3- one for each level of my house. Best vacuum ever and I have owned MANY!

Honored Contributor

@151949

My DH does most of the vacuuming & loves his Dyson canister!

Honored Contributor

Dyson Animal Ball, love it. Have had it 6-7 years, or whenever they first brought them out, however long that has been.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Did someone say Vacuums?  Well....OK, I have 2 of the big Dysons (in fact I have one of the first Dysons sold).  Before my husband died he went out and bought a Dyson (in 2004) because he always wanted an upright and I would only buy a canister.  Well, due to my bad back, he had to start vacuuming and he did the research and brought home a purple vacuum.  I thought he was crazy.  Then after he died I bought the ball vacuum upright.

Are you keeping track here?  Ok, so then QVC sells the stick Dyson so I bought that one.  Then I decided to do some research and found out Dyson made a very powerful stick vacuum so I bought one from the company (way more expensive...but).  Oh!  I'm not finished....

Then I saw the Shark sold on QVC so I bought that one, but I hate it because it pulls like one of those lawnmowers that will mow the lawn.  It's hard to control!  Drives me crazy.

But...wait...back up.  I almost forgot long before the 2nd Dyson I bought a Romba from HSN.  Then when QVC sold them I bought another Rumba (I always fall for 'new and improved).  I think that's all.

I have bought all three of my daughters stick and upright vacuums.  But my daughter (oldest) must have the bug like me because her husband went out and bought her another stronger upright Dyson (I'd bought her a gray one).  

Phew!  Now with all of these cleaning utensils you'd think you could eat off of my floors (you don't want to know about the rug shampooers and the steamers).  But...well...I've got to go...I see HSN is selling a Hoover Rewind Bagless upright vacuum (just kidding...sorta).

I had to come back and say, I hope you don't think of this as bragging....this is me 'confessing'.  Only a fool would own so many vacuums...

Ahhhhh!!  I feel better after confessing.  Now if I could just teach Bill the cat how to vacuum!

May I asked you a question?

Where do you store your vacuums?  I only have 3 and I think that is a bit much. 

Honored Contributor

I have Roombas on the job and ready for duty here every morning at 7.  I also have my trusty Electorlux upright for that extra cleaning that area rugs require.

Honored Contributor

As a young wife, I fell for the Kirby vacuum over 30 years ago.  I think it was some crazy price like $700 and I was driving a 10 year old Firebird that was $750...lol.

I only have hardwoods and tile.  The throw rugs can be machine washed.  So I only have your basic Hoover and Dirt Devil uprights.  The kinds with the cups you open and unload.  My only thing is I want an automatic rewind cord.  Not expensive, probably under a hundred bucks each.  I keep them clean and they're in good working order only a couple of years old.

At my primary, I have 2 cats so I have to vacuum and then dry mop (not swiffers) and use a steam and spray mop for bathrooms. 

At our summer place, no cats and, well, life is soooo much easier.  I just dry mop every day or two.  I use those big mops that have big floppy microfiber tassels.  I keep many extra mopheads and switch them out every room or two.  Toss them in the wash and I always have clean ones at the ready.

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Shark Rotator.  Does a good job, lots of nice features but hurts my wrist a little.  Glad you are happy with yours @151949.

@Another new name Sue  I have the same vacuum and I like it very much - it works great.  

Honored Contributor

I have a Miele canister that I love.  It works great on wood, tile and carpeted floors.  I really like that you can set the suction from low to high depending on what you're cleaning.

I got a Bissel lightweight last year and use it mainly for steps and the basement.  It has unbelievable suction and works great on all floors.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two Orecks. One is 21 years old, paid $275. The other is 15 years old and was a gift. I have NEVER had a problem with either one of them. 

I have a dog so I vacuum everyday.