Respected Contributor

Re: What is your favorite room in your house and why?

If I may deviate from the question just a bit . . . I have two favorite places in our house:  1) the front door and 2) the breakfast room windows.  

I like the front door because every time I enter it, my spirit relaxes and tells me it is where it wants to be.

The south wall of our breakfast room is all window, giving us a beautiful view.  Two evenings ago, as DH and I sat at the table for a light dinner, four deer were just on the other side of the glass. The six of us watched each other enjoying our separate meals.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

That's hard.  DH and I began collecting primitive antiques when we were first married and very few pieces came from a furniture store. Every room has unusual pieces which we use every day.  I've been told it's "very different".

I guess it would be the dining room.  Our table is five large planks wide and 90 inches.  It was used as a work table for a time and the distressing is amazing.  The legs are 5 inches in circumference.  I use handmade ladderback chairs.  On one wall is a two door pie safe with tin panels down the front and sides. I keep all of my linens and handmade Christmas dishes in there. The other walls have a sideboard that's probably 150 years old and the double door glass front jelly cabinet on the last wall has two small drawers.

I love this room also because of the love that has been in it.  Most family celebrations are held in here; our two sons, and now grandsons have celebrated their birthdays on that table.

Honored Contributor

Bedroom, sleep.

Honored Contributor

I love my entire home, every part of it.  It's the home I always dreamed of having.  I did the big house, big yard thing when we were raising a family and I did love that house but it was so much work and required so much upkeep.  It was for the kids, not for me.    I always dreamed of a new, fresh, clean, bright condo with modern furniture and light...lots of light.  We have that now and I often just sit in a room and let the happiness wash over me.   

Respected Contributor

my living-room, from the over stuffed couches, my 85 inch TV, and the massive fireplace....I can see the snow-capped mountains from every window

Honored Contributor

As of last night, my favorite room in our new place is our back deck!

The house is unfinished, no electric, no water, no walls.

But the deck is beautiful and I'm here waiting on the delivery (by tractor trailer!) our new patio furniture which I already know will be stunning.

Last night, the moon was so beautiful and centered perfectly at around 9 o'clock.  It was balmy warm (for this part of the country) and DH and I sat out there after a nice dinner out and I'll remember last night years from now.

Honored Contributor

Actually, I don't have a favorite room.  But I love our library/computer room which is  so cozy even though it's the smallest room in our home.  There are two large bookcases on one wall containing many of our books  on various topics.  On another wall is our computer desk and file cabinet/small TV.  On the front wall is a sitting area with small chest and end table.  I/we love that room.

I love our large eat-in kitchen which I decorated in Tuscany.  It has bright yellow walls (I did it myself) with white chair rail  and trim and several wrought iron wall pieces.  The area above the cupboards is decorated in Tuscany along with a number of roosters and chickens which remind me of my childhood.

Our master bedroom includes a sitting area and a fireplace which we often use on those cold nights in PA.  Neither of us like a really warm bedroom so set the fireplace on low and it keeps the temp just right.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Whichever room is clean and doesn't have kids in it. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Mine is my LR, it is in Shabby Chic/Cottage/English Garden, etc. and no one hardly ever goes in there, but it is beautiful look at! Even the dog knows better, LOL!  I am sure some think it is wasted space, but I just enjoy going in there to look at, it has hardwood floors, gets the morning sun, and is just beautiful, if I say so myself!Heart

Honored Contributor

Our house is your basic spec home from a builder who used it as a model home. No room jumps out to me, but I like our guest room because it contains the bedroom set given to my parents as a wedding gift.