Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite room in your house and why?

I really love several of my rooms (but I always find things I could improve upon...does that happen to others?

It is easier for me to tell you the rooms I DON'T like....my kitchen!

It is still original to the house built in 1973 and nothing much about it is nice or in decent shape. The people who owned this house before us were really hard on the cabinets, the wallpaper I loved when I hung it 22 years ago need to be replaced (isn't holding up well), the counters are dated and worn, the flooring (wood) is showing it's wear, the lighting is ugly....just needs a complete remodel!

I do love my master bedroom and my family room most. I want to love my kitchen and living room, but they both need a bunch of money put into them to be what I dream of them being. 

Anyone want to contribute to my Go Fund Me page for it? LOL

Trusted Contributor

I'd say my bedroom but the entire house, it is not the biggest, it is not the fanciest, but it is mine, bought and paid for!!!  Home Sweet HOME!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I really love several of my rooms (but I always find things I could improve upon...does that happen to others?

It is easier for me to tell you the rooms I DON'T like....my kitchen!

It is still original to the house built in 1973 and nothing much about it is nice or in decent shape. The people who owned this house before us were really hard on the cabinets, the wallpaper I loved when I hung it 22 years ago need to be replaced (isn't holding up well), the counters are dated and worn, the flooring (wood) is showing it's wear, the lighting is ugly....just needs a complete remodel!

I do love my master bedroom and my family room most. I want to love my kitchen and living room, but they both need a bunch of money put into them to be what I dream of them being. 

Anyone want to contribute to my Go Fund Me page for it? LOL

My husbands bathroom is in a perpetual redo state-It's been 25 years now!-

It's so bad, I insist he calls me 30 minutes before he pulls on to our road when he's been away so I can clear it out after using it for a storage closet while he's away! 

He thinks he's calling so I can hold the dogs back from attacking his vehicle out of excitement! 

Last year I managed to scrape the paint-I have pictures taped all over the walls-When anyone comes to visit I just say, " Oh, don't mind the bathroom, we're remodeling." -Smiley Wink

The water guy was just here, he asked; Weren't you remodeling last year when I changed the filters?

Ummmm. Was I?  huh.

I know this about myself;  Our home will never be completed as long as I'm living in it-!  It's just my nature.

And as my little brother would say;  "That's okay today!"  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

My diningroom.  I have my grandmother's china in the chine closet and I have Queen Anne cherry furniture in there.  I just love to look at all of the pretty things.  Tea and coffee just taste better out of a real china cup.

Respected Contributor

I love our living room.  It isn't used all that much but I enjoy reading in there.  It is elegant and I love all the decor.

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

favorite room: eat-in great room which was added on in 1996.  Glass circular fireplace comes out for Spring- Fall.

image.jpeg

Other parts of room:

image.jpeg

And

image.jpeg

Without firplace:

image.jpeg

You have a LOVELY home!!

Esteemed Contributor

I do not know if I have a favorite room, I love the kitchen as I can let my creative juices flow creating recipes and experimenting with all kinds of dishes.

Living room as I read, watch television and unwind.

Bedroom, where I also read, watch television, unwind, and reflect on life.

Sunroom, I basically just watch the birds and squirrels in this room which I do for long periods of time, but I also love that you can feel the sun from everywhere in the room.

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I'd say my bedroom but the entire house, it is not the biggest, it is not the fanciest, but it is mine, bought and paid for!!!  Home Sweet HOME!!!

I agree - what I really love most about my house is there is no mortgage on it.

Honored Contributor

I love my whole house, yet my favorite rooms are my TV room and bedroom.   I love having my own TV and recliner, and a space my family understands is my personal space.   

My bedroom is the perfect room for sleeping.  It's quiet, dark, and cool, and as soon as I climb in my bed and pull the covers up, I'm asleep.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

living room couch