Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your favorite home decor item ever purchased from QVC?

@NickNack  I have the 7" LightLi and I think it's great! I like the 360 view and the fascinating wick. But, the flame moves too fast - even on the slow speed. Maybe it's just my candle. My DIL took one look and said she wanted one for Christmas!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@NickNack  I have the 7" LightLi and I think it's great! I like the 360 view and the fascinating wick. But, the flame moves too fast - even on the slow speed. Maybe it's just my candle. My DIL took one look and said she wanted one for Christmas!

@PA Mom-mom   I agree about the flame.  I always put it on the slower speed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@verone 

I’ve got a small place so I don’t really have room for much but I purchased 2 VPH mercury glass vases with microlights, one aqua, the other green. I really like both but especially the green one. I took it to work and it sits with a couple other brightly colored vases on the sill of my window. It is very pretty. The aqua one sits next to my TV. It is pretty but I definitely like the green one best.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I bought a small Mission-style Tiffany lamp.  It was on clearance and very inexpensive.  I still have it on a table in my living room, and love it.

Honored Contributor

Mine would have to be the Fenton vase that I think was a TSV years ago.  It was part of their designer collection.  The vase itself, purple, blue, and green, is 9 inches tall but it sits on a 1" purple base.  

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily I agree with your idea that most favorite things relate to something personal.   I still have on dislay in my living room 2 small pieces of original art DH and I bought one 1960's winter when we'd gone to Lake Placid during ski season.

My current favorite piece of decor is a Moorcroft vase I bought the day we toured Windsor Palace decades later.

I've done a major reduction of decor possessions this summer -  I have stories for nearly every piece that's still in the house and if I can't take them all with me some day, it will be those without stories that will be left behind!

Respected Contributor

My favorite item was purchased back in 2008.   It was a large stained glass Butterfly by J.J. Peng.  

Our living room has a vaulted ceiling with two triangular windows at the top.   I had my husband hang the butterfly on one of the windows.   When the sun hits it, the colors just glow.   

When we painted the room and had to move it I wrapped it in bubble wrap and protected it with my life.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking around my home and the only year round decor I have purchased from the Q is one lantern and my Luninera candles. I have a few Christmas items, including a tree left since I purged. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hard to narrow down to a single item, but I would have to say the antique brass chandelier that hangs over my kitchen dining table. I bought it over 12 years ago at a garage sale, along with a Fontanini nativity set and an antique blow mold Santa . Must have been an estate sale as the seller did not seem to know the value of the items I bought. The previous owner had removed all of the crystals, which took me quite a while to replace. It hung over the kitchen table in my previous house and it had to come with me when I moved. I smile every day when I see it.

Everything about it: design, materials, size and scale- is perfect.

My home is small and as such is well edited. If I did not love it all it would not be on display.

Honorable mention goes to the 9x12 rug in my DR. It is unique and colorful and has lived prominently in all 3 homes since I purchased it at a rug auction over 20 years ago. It was a super splurge and is the most expensive decor item in my home, but worth the splurge to me.Looked equally good in the LR in house #1 and FR in house #2 as it does here.

Honored Contributor

Flameless candles.