Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite HGTV show of all time?

Honored Contributor

I liked and miss Divine Design, and also Designer's Challenge........  

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Sensible Chic

@tansy

You're a good sleuth, @software😊

Regular Contributor

Yes those were the ones I loved too...So fun...

Honored Contributor

"Color Splash" with David Bromstad. I really liked his graphic art paintings.

Honored Contributor

I always like David's original show as well. He has such a great personality.

Respected Contributor

I liked Homes Across America because it showed lovely real life homes.  I enjoyed Design, Inc. with Sarah Richardson and her other designers because it was fun to see them work together (not so Sarah-centric) and we got to see the homeowners interact with the team.  I also liked Home to Go with Peter Fallico because, at the time, I was moving from rental to rental and he always had some great ideas on how to make rentals livable.  The Christmas specials from Design Cents with Joan Steffend were terrific.  I have one year's on DVD and I had another on VHS that I accidently threw away when I was cleaning out my library.  I could kick myself for that because it's not replaceable.

Respected Contributor

Like many of you, I liked Sarah Richardson.   

I also liked Design On A Dime and Room By Room.   My most favorite one of all though was  MIssion Organization.   I just loved that show.  Fortunately I taped most of them to DVD's and periodically pull them out and watch.  

Had I known that HGTV was going to turn into such a pitiful excuse for a home and garden network I would have taped many more shows.   

Honored Contributor

There WERE so many entertaining and informative shows HGTV used to have on before they turned it into real estate showcase & renovations!

Kitty Bartholomew:Your Home, Decorating Sense, Candice Olsen-Divine Design, Michael Payne, Sheri & Matt-Room By Room-, Sarah's House, Carol Duvall Crafts, Design On A Dime (but with the original host--once they got different designers the show's designs took a different more modern and sometimes bizarre direction I didn't like!) and even Curb Appeal with that hunk John Gidding.....he had a product line on HSN for a while 

Kitty and Sarah were more my style but I loved watching ALL the OLD shows.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

CAndace Olson's Divine Design