Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite HGTV show of all time?

There was a show, I think it was HG, that someone would pick out and elegant and/or eclectic look from just a picture and the designer would redo it for a fraction of the cost.

I didn't always like the way the *expensive* room was done, but boy they sure did match it up pretty good.

I haven't watched HGTV in ages.  I don't even know what channel it's on.

Honored Contributor

Matt and Sherri.

Trusted Contributor

I was fond of Room By Room although it's hard to pick a favorite. For those of you who were/are fans of RBR, Matt & Shari have a website -- they also have a newsletter,YouTube channel, and there is mention of a show on PBS (althought I've yet to see it in my area). Matt and Shari dot com

Trusted Contributor

I really liked design on a dime and room by room.  There were a few others that I enjoyed too but I don't remember the names.  I don't watch HGTV anymore because it all seems to be about House Hunters and similar shows.  There again perhaps they do have some good ones on now that I am unaware of.

Respected Contributor

I miss Sarah Richardson, I really liked her and her shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 I really had to give this a lot of thought, because I loved so many. I narrowed it down to Design on a Dime because it was down my alley from a financial standpoint. I don't remember if anyone remembers the show when the gals used a projector to display a picture of bamboo leaves, traced them on the wall, then outlined with caulking, etc. Anyway, many years ago I did that on a wall that goes downstairs in my home. I couldn't use a projector because of the location and had to do it freehand, so it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but here is a picture of it:

bamboo.jpg

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Carol Duvall show,

If Walls could talk.

Gardening by the yard 

I have old copies of the original HGTV Ideas magazine published from the late 90's until maybe 2002. The program guide lists all of the great shows that used to be on HGTV. I just shake my head when I look at the variety of programming offered back then. None of the shows were "game show" based.

Frequent Contributor

I love House Hunters and the Scott bros. But I do miss the design shows.

Honored Contributor

Two of my favorites were:

Color Splash with  David Bromstad - I loved the way he used color in his designs.  He is so talented.

Divine Design with Candice Olsen - her designs were beautiful too.

FYI:  I was switching channels today and came across a new show called Home Town.  Ben & Erin Napier are the hosts and they renovate old homes.  The show I saw today was of a military family with 3 young children.  Beautiful end product!  Check it  out.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed many of the shows they used to have on that network. I still watch, but am disappointed with much of what they air now. Candace Olson was my all time favorite. She's so talented and came out with beautiful creations.