Honored Contributor

What is your best organizational tool?

Mine is my calendars. Wall, purse, hobby room, computer, by my chair. By the time I write something 5 times, I've got it! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your best organizational tool?

A garbage can!!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I keep everything on my work calendar.  If it's on there, I go or do something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My iPhone.

It has my calendars, keeps all my notes, has my budgeting, bank, health and fitness apps and grocery list apps. My grocery list apps (HEB and Randalls) let even tell me which aisle of the store where I can find each list item.

It also has the app for my favorite movie theater that allows me to buy tickets online, add the event to my calendar, and acts as my ticket when I get to the theater. My GPS app (Waze) allows me to pre-program my drives and tells me when I need to leave to get to my destination on time. My Christmas List app lets me add everyone I need to buy gifts for and keeps track of what I've bought and how much I've spent, what has been shipped and what needs to be shipped. And my sleep tracker also acts as my favorite alarm clock and reminds me to get up and move if my phone hasn't been moved in an hour or more.

Best tool ever.

Respected Contributor

My iPad reminders!

Regular Contributor

The wife....just ask herSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My kitchen calendar. I write everything there and look at it daily. Post It Notes, all sizes, even keep them in the car, to make my many lists! (cross off what's done - what's not rewrite on new list) Smiley Happy

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Mine is my calendars. Wall, purse, hobby room, computer, by my chair. By the time I write something 5 times, I've got it! LOL

Man, you need to change you signature line. I don't think there's anything "simple" about keeping 5 calendars up to date. I don't know how you do it! I'd surely miss something.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

My iPhone.

It has my calendars, keeps all my notes, has my budgeting, bank, health and fitness apps and grocery list apps. My grocery list apps (HEB and Randalls) let even tell me which aisle of the store where I can find each list item.

It also has the app for my favorite movie theater that allows me to buy tickets online, add the event to my calendar, and acts as my ticket when I get to the theater. My GPS app (Waze) allows me to pre-program my drives and tells me when I need to leave to get to my destination on time. My Christmas List app lets me add everyone I need to buy gifts for and keeps track of what I've bought and how much I've spent, what has been shipped and what needs to be shipped. And my sleep tracker also acts as my favorite alarm clock and reminds me to get up and move if my phone hasn't been moved in an hour or more.

Best tool ever.

^ this.

Honored Contributor

My Tivos!  Smiley Happy   I couldn't be without them.     They record the stuff I want to watch and I don't have to remember anything, as everything appears on my 'My Shows' list.  Watch whatever - whenever.  Smiley Happy

Otherwise, in terms of organization of things I need to do, between scheduling my tv shows, would just be notes.  I makes notes often because my memory has gotten so bad.

I also have one I wrote up and put behind plastic, and hung on this little cup hook that is on the end of one of my cabinets.  It just lists the days - Mon through Sun - and tasks that should be done on each day.

These are just basic tasks like what days to vacuum, water the plants, take out trash, etc - things that really should be done on certain days.

All the other stuff I will make little daily notes if I have more than a couple of things because I'll forget otherwise.