Respected Contributor

Re: What is your best organizational tool?

The simple truth of it for me is my mind.  I am by nature an organized person.  While I accomplish one task, my thinking has moved on to the next one.  As I go off to sleep at night, I map out tomorrow's agenda.  When I awaken, before my feet are on the floor, I have already re-considered what needs to be done that day. It's just my nature.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

The simple truth of it for me is my mind.  I am by nature an organized person.  While I accomplish one task, my thinking has moved on to the next one.  As I go off to sleep at night, I map out tomorrow's agenda.  When I awaken, before my feet are on the floor, I have already re-considered what needs to be done that day. It's just my nature.

@IamMrsG

So glad that someone else goes to sleep and wakes up thinking what is on the agenda for the day! 

I love early morning time, to get myself started and moving on the day's business. My best days are when by 9 am, I have marked 5 or more things off my 'to do' list.

Honored Contributor

For me at retirement now, I wake up and just go what day is it? I try to make any appointment I have at 9:00.  The rest falls into place now. I've quit my to do lists for the  most part. When I see it, I usually just do it. That's what I always wanted to be able to do during retirement. Some days, I have to laugh, I might have 1 thing on my mind to do daily. It's good to have some organization in your life, LOL.