Trusted Contributor

Re: What is the appeal of "Christmas in July"?

@house_cat wrote:

In my home, we barely celebrate Christmas at Christmastime.  We rarely exchange gifts and sometimes don't bother with a tree.

Having said that... I always seem to get the Christmas spirit this time of year.  I think it's because I'm an introvert and a homebody and summertime takes me out of my comfort zone.

Do you like the "Christmas in July" programming?

What's the appeal for you?

I am sort of an introvert, I keep to myself, and a homebody....and I love Christmas in July.

Maybe it's because I am a part time florist, and I love crafting, but I love to decorate for the holidays too. By holidays I mean all the fall and winter ones..I'm not really big on Easter  for some reason LOL, and I do love the patriotic holidays too.

I watch the CIJ shows because I like to see what is new, maybe get some ideas, and it just breaks up the monotony of the constant boring jewelry and clothing shows.

Contributor

In retail,you start the seasons early.I worked in a florist shop.and we started decorating months before hand.My Husband and I run and own a gun shop..selling hunting,guns and ammo.we start displaying months ahead of time.gets people in the mood.

Valued Contributor

I love Christmas in December but I think the Christmas in July shopping is annoying. 

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan, I live in the South and who can think of Christmas with 90 -100 degree weather, not me!  I agree, it is all about the money, and when Christmas finally gets here, we are sick of it!

Honored Contributor

I like Christmas in July in retail and on the q.  I don't buy a lot, but buy something special that's on sale.  If I were to wait until December, that item likely is no longer available.

Super Contributor

It's Fun, that's the appeal. Hallmark has their Ornament Premiere this weekend too! Fun, fun, fun,. I have always lived in the south so the 90 plus humidity does not keep me from enjoying Christmas in July. Nice break from the everyday ho hum items that you can buy every day anywhere! Again FUN is the idea. May not like all the products presented..but that is ok..it is still F U N!! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I don't watch  too much of the CIJ programming, but love the way the Home Forum picks up and gets active once it's time to even think about it. Lots of posters return, and we go right into chatting about fall decorating. Now that we have a more simple way to post photos, there will be hopefully lots more pictures, and great ideas shared with each other. I love this forum, and I'm happy to see holiday decor any time of year.

BTW, We can't seem to hit the 80's where I live for more than a day at a time. It's felt more like fall than summer, all summer long... pinky

Super Contributor

It's Fun, that's the appeal. Hallmark has their Ornament Premiere this weekend too! Fun, fun, fun,. I have always lived in the south so the 90 plus humidity does not keep me from enjoying Christmas in July. Nice break from the everyday ho hum items that you can buy every day anywhere! Again FUN is the idea. May not like all the products presented..but that is ok..it is still F U N!! Smiley Happy One of our night clubs is having a Jingle In July with music and drinks and bring an unwrapped toy for the unfortunate. Should and do give all year. But did I say fun? Yes it is fun Smiley Happy! Sure there is fun at the beach..but there is fun during Christmas in July too. For goodness sake it's only a few days. What is the appeal of looking at every day stuff daily that is sold in stores daily all the time? And if there is anything that is out of the ordinary, folks become keyboard warriors over something that is fun, You want everyone to be as miserable as you? Not gonna happpen!!!