Respected Contributor

Re: What is the appeal of Mackenzie-Childs for the kitchen/home?

So, so glad to see this famous and popular line on EVINE and I have now become hooked. 

I love the pattern Flower Market white-- the colors are beautiful and joyful and remind me of perpetual Spring.

I really like the sturdiness of the ceramic over metal, and I have purchased the tea pot, spoon rest, utensil holder, and a few pots.  These are items I would hand wash anyway.

Yes, the brand may be a bit pricey, but the happy feelings I have while I use them makes up for the cost.  

Trusted Contributor

Here's what you do:  wait for sales!  Today I bought a Courtly Check (black and white) tissue box cover and a Courtly Check rug for 50% off.  After Christmas, prices drop even more - usually to 75% off.  That's when you make the haul.  

Honored Contributor

I have some pieces of the Parchment Check and Flower Market White and love them.  They used to have Parchment Check dog water bowls, and I have one.  I hand washed it for years and then finally started putting it in the dishwasher a couple of years ago.  It looks the same after being washed in the dishwasher as it did when I handwashed it.  I don't have any plates, mugs or cookware.  I have the canister set, tea kettle, cookie jar and a few other pieces.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

what changed about dishwashing was when they took the phosphate out of the dishwasher detergent. Now it’s hard to even get dishes clean. I would wash them on the short cycle with no problem. 

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews  I know their website is having a huge sale (so many wonderful items) and agree, you haul during the sales. I guess what I'm trying to find out is if the kitchen items/plates are worth the money due to their limitations (not freezer safe, no microwave, no oven use, prefer to be hand washed over dishwasher).  

Respected Contributor

I had never heard of this brand before so I watched most of the show. Some beautiful pieces, but to me only for display. as accent pieces. Loved the white teaketle for one thing. didn't order a thing, no fun there.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

The appeal for me is the unique beauty of the items.

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam   Very overpriced in my opinion and very busy. A little goes a long wat. I was thinking they are probably not mecrowaveable, does anyone here know ? But I think their vendor comes across as a fruit loop. 

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@SahmIam   Very overpriced in my opinion and very busy. A little goes a long wat. I was thinking they are probably not mecrowaveable, does anyone here know ? But I think their vendor comes across as a fruit loop. 

@webbgarner1   It's just their enamelware that isn't microwavable.  Their other dishes are microwave, oven and dishwasher safe.  I just looked at their website to make sure before I posted.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack   Thank you !