Honored Contributor

Re: What have you purged today?

I purchased a silver and a gold plated chains online that are 26" long so they go over my head , then they can be adjusted in length to the neckline your wearing. Love them.

Honored Contributor

I finished everything I wanted to purge so I'm taking a break from it till next spring.Hopefully, because I did so much this year, next spring will be easy. I do plan to donate some Christmas stuff when I get it all out to decorate. I just have too much Christmas! I'll keep the sentimental and the more modern and get rid of some older things. No point storing what I don't plan to use again.

Honored Contributor

DH and I will be moving to a new home later this year.  So, in downsizing, we sorted through many boxes of Christmas decorations and will donate a lot of it to our local thrift store.  It's amazing how much Christmas decor we have collected through the years, some of which we no longer use.  We took a large amount of clothing to the thrift store yesterday. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

Today is recipe books, magazines day. No one wants recipe books anymore with all you can get online. We do not eat heavily anymore anyway, so they need to go. I am going through Country Homes, Victorian, Country Living, and other decor' magazines. I do wish I could find someone that would appreciate all of them, but alas, they will probably be donated to the thrift shop. I hope someone there will buy them and appeciate them.

Respected Contributor

I went through the shoes I had set aside during my intial closet purge and tried on each pair to see if I wanted to keep them or not.  Another 11 pair will be donated leaving me with about 10 pairs of shoes.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003, that is something I also really need to do. Currently I have about 35 pairs of shoes/boots. I don't need that many, trust me, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 Shoes used to be my weakness as I have a hard to fit foot, so if I ever found a pair that worked, I would buy it in every color.  Now, though, I have some other joint issues that limit me from wearing almost any heel height.  Bye, bye beautiful pumps...☹️

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of shoes- a light purge day today. Two pairs of shoes: one nearly new pair of sneakers to Goodwill, the other pair had a broken sole, so to the trash. Don't know when and how the sole of the Propet clog was split.

Esteemed Contributor

So I have been in my new place for about three weeks now. Most of the boxes have been unpacked. Done many projects during those weeks in addition to unpacking. I did a massive purge in the weeks and months prior to the move during the spring and summer. I am getting a bit purge-weary at the moment. Unpacked clothing today. I have a crazy number of black pants, but I did not have the desire to try on each pair today, I will do that over time during the fall and winter months.

Taking a break this weekend. Finally good weather to be enjoyed! Last big project: upstairs loft/ office area. Right now it is a mess of boxes. Was supposed to deal with it today while the electrician was here, but he was a no-show. Furious, as this was a big and $$$$ job. Management and I agreed to their apology and 10% discount. Chandeliers will be swapped out for new tomorrow morning and getting a quote on another project in the morning as well. Hoping all  projects except the kitchen will be done by Thanksgiving.

About to give up on the painters. I have been waiting for them for the month!

Can't wait for next Friday, which is my next recycling day, to finally be rid of all the moving boxes and materials from my garage!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Haven’t posted here in quite awhile. I have to confess I finally donated 6 pairs of IM loafers that I kept hoping would stretch a bit and just didn’t, so after an hour they weren’t comfortable. Someone else will love them and get some great shoes. Also purged half used, forgotten hair care and facial products shoved to the back of my caddy under the sink. It’s a good bet that anything in the back didn’t work out as hoped, is far past its use-by date and needs tossed.