Esteemed Contributor

Re: What have you purged today?

Christmas sweets!

(ate healthy, worked out & read Sky Lantern - a gift from my sister 2016 Christmas)

Honored Contributor

I'm starting, boots in like new condition that I have not worn in 3 years, a SG blouse I should have returned that I've worn twice and a weird topper I got from Indigo thread Co. I know I will never wear. I'm going to clean my cupboards and get rid of liquor we will never drink and herbs that are out of date. I can't drink green tean anymore so thats going too.

Respected Contributor

@Irish1210  I think if we all purge together it will keep us motivated.  After I read your post, I decided that the coat closets will be the next to purge, especially when others in need of a coat could use them this time of year. 

When I saw your post about batteries, it reminded me of how we need to store batteries to avoid a fire.  Please be sure to keep the ends from touching each other or touching metal or it could start a fire.

http://kxan.com/2016/02/23/the-danger-lurking-behind-household-batteries/

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@on the bay  LOL, I too have put on clothes and looked in the mirror and thought, "what am I thinking wearing this outside where others can see me".  And of course, the times that I throw on some sweats and don't put a face on, with hair up in a ponytail, that is when I run into everyone I know all over town!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I've given myself till tomorrow to start, today I am making my "game plan" on where to start, lol. Good job you all getting a good start already.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay  I always need that second opinion : )

My mom is very honest with me and I appreciate (and need) that : )

Honored Contributor

My pantry. Oh my. I have been purging regularly, but I just kept things that were close to expiring. Then I never wound up using those things. I’d reach for the newer version every time. Bad habit. It’s such a shame. I consistently called companies to check for safety, so I know the things are still safe, but they probably taste somewhat off. Plus, I had too much stuff to see what there was to use. I’m on the fence about purging my vinegars. I’ll be researching this tomorrow. 

Trusted Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 Thanks for the battery safety reminder : )

I am going to double check right now!!!

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2lol!

Me too! It must be the law of nature!

Esp. when I go to the mailbox in my slobbiest clothes, I always meet someone I know!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Hi all!!  Great thread!  I just sat down to the computer after loading up my new refrigerator that was delivered yesterday.  Moving things from the rented one, I was able to throw quite a bit away and we have only had that one for 6 weeks.  Anyway, everything in it is fresh and ready to go......looks so nice and clean! 

While doing this I was thinking about the items in my closet.  I guess a good rule of thumb for me is to toss or donate if I haven't worn in 6 months or so.  I have items that are in good condition, but I KNOW I will never wear.  Those are the ones I have to break ties with and put in the bag LOL.  Let someone else have the pleasure of them and give me some breathing room in my closet.  Boots and shoes will be next............

This has been inspiring to read.  Keep sharing!! Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!